7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
March 6, 2015, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
We already have next to no assets. The land under BP isn't worth a great deal due to its location so I don't think that will really be an issue.

The main thing with any new stadium is ensuring that we are getting a good income and not paying outlandish fees to hold games there (as happened at Coventry and various other places).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
barralad
March 6, 2015, 5:26pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Maringer
We already have next to no assets. The land under BP isn't worth a great deal due to its location so I don't think that will really be an issue.

The main thing with any new stadium is ensuring that we are getting a good income and not paying outlandish fees to hold games there (as happened at Coventry and various other places).

As I understand it the problem for Coventry was that the negotiations resulted in them only being able to keep the gate money. All monies from the refreshments etc went to the company set up to manage the Ricoh as well as paying rent. Presumably (and I cannot be sure) this was deemed OK for the Championship but when they were relegated with the associated loss of gate money the situation in the eyes of the club became untenable...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
barralad
March 6, 2015, 5:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
On the subject of anti-stadium organised protests I am trying to find out if the rumour I heard last night that UKIP are holding advice sessions on how to register a vote against the new development is true. Can anyone on here shed any light on it?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
AdamHaddock
March 6, 2015, 5:34pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,824
Gold Stars: 26
Would the council be willing to let out this (or another council owned site) cheaply to the club? I recently saw that the Birds Eye site (probably way too small) was on the market for £3m

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
Marinerz93
March 6, 2015, 5:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from highcliff mariner

If those in opposition are in fact watching this. And other social media sites . This post will be giving em

Utm palpitations, they won't want  the riff raff anywhere near em . Much better off voting for the stadium as long as the enabling builders build. 5 bedroom detached pads .

4 and 5 bed detached houses should be the way forward and it will only serve to increase the nearest residents property, win win, you get my vote.  Alot of the building sites I have been on though do tend to have a mixed bag of detached, semi detached and a few houses together as small terrace.  Have you been on the new Yarborough estate and if so what are your thoughts.

Boundaries have and are being changed all the time around Lincolnshire.  Not all those at the flats are riff raff but anyone who has worked in and around the flats knows that it only takes one or two to cause major problems.  This and we are taking people in from other parts of the country.  This can level itself out and we may get rid of a few problems but we seem to get some from other areas so the problems aren't changing, just the faces.

The nearest residents will either get on board or they will reap what they have sowed at a later date.  The benefit of the new stadium is the club are answerable and people can go directly to JF and there will be less space for houses a quick scope of BP will show how much ground is taken up.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
BIGChris
March 6, 2015, 6:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Trawler
Sad though I would be to leave it Blundell Park doesn't really represent much in the way of assets.  Spoke to Fenty at the first consultation. He claims the Blundell Park plot is valued at circa £750,000.  After demolition costs of £250,000 club walks away with £500,000.  A drop in the ocean of new ground costs.

I seem to recall that JF has a floating charge by way of a debenture over the ground so that money is due to him rather than the club.

Please correct me if that is incorrect
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
BIGChris
March 6, 2015, 6:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from psgmariner
So GTFC won't own the stadium then. That's my concern. We therefore have next to no assets.

But if you buy a leasehold house with, say a 999 year lease, you do effectively 'own' the property
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
ginnywings
March 6, 2015, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from psgmariner
So GTFC won't own the stadium then. That's my concern. We therefore have next to no assets.

Does it really matter? It will be a community asset, which we as a club will use but so will others. As pointed out, BP is worth nowt anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
grimsby pete
March 6, 2015, 7:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Just had a thought,

If there are any vacant plots on the allotments,

We should take them up and work from the inside,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
AdamHaddock
March 6, 2015, 7:43pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,824
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete

If there are any vacant plots on the allotments,

We should take them up and work from the inside,

I carrot be bothered with that

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaks Parkway Allotments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.