7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
March 6, 2015, 1:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
On a serious note as mentioned above, it will be used for houses because that will raise revenue for the council.  The question those residents need to ask themselves is do they

a) Accept the new stadium knowing that it will take up significant room so less houses are built and once a fortnight have to deal with a bit extra traffic or

b) Opposite the hell out of the plans and a new housing estate springs up anyway, for social housing ie residents from the tower flats near Freeman street and some families they are struggling to find a place for.

I have heard this mentioned and I have also heard what sort of people they are looking to relocate away from Town.  This coupled with the governments push for affordable to buy or rent housing.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
1mickylyons
March 6, 2015, 2:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from RoboCod
A red cross for that post ? Those Nimby's really are everywhere (gulp)

I expect they are monitoring this and other sites to see what sort of things we may or may not be doing to drum up support and strengthen the argument for. Living in Grimsby as most of us do whether for or against the Peaks Parkway site we should all surely want to see progress made in the local area.Loads of things need to happen in and around GY to improve the place over the next 10-15 years and one of those is a new Stadium for the Football Club another is the swift removal of De Freitas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
highcliff mariner
March 6, 2015, 2:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Marinerz93
On a serious note as mentioned above, it will be used for houses because that will raise revenue for the council.  The question those residents need to ask themselves is do they

a) Accept the new stadium knowing that it will take up significant room so less houses are built and once a fortnight have to deal with a bit extra traffic or

b) Opposite the hell out of the plans and a new housing estate springs up anyway, for social housing ie residents from the tower flats near Freeman street and some families they are struggling to find a place for.

I have heard this mentioned and I have also heard what sort of people they are looking to relocate away from Town.  This coupled with the governments push for affordable to buy or rent housing.

If those in opposition are in fact watching this. And other social media sites . This post will be giving em

Utm palpitations, they won't want  the riff raff anywhere near em . Much better off voting for the stadium as long as the enabling builders build. 5 bedroom detached pads .
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
mimma
March 6, 2015, 3:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
I took my dog for a walk round there the other day.

The first thing to say is that Peakes Lane is currently a building site from the fire station all the way up to the YMCA.

There has been no complaints about the noise, traffic, ( you have to walk on the road because the grass verge is full of vans), and no one has had to survey the effects on the vole, bird populations. Planning permission granted without a word said, & it is next to St. Andrews Hospice, & opposite St. Hughes.

The allotments look well tended, but there is a lot of wooden pallets being left between them, presumably by the allotment owners. There's also a lot of other rubbish laying about.

What will happen to Gooseman's Drain that straddles the land?

I was surprised by how few allotments there are for the size of the land that there is there. There is a lot of space around them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
Mrs Doyle
March 6, 2015, 3:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
FFS If all else fails go for the old eye sore ice house area now been leveled. Gate way to and from the A180, Avoids coming into town, good rail link, could easily put a road /bus route in off the A180. Great back drop of the iconic dock tower and would be a great iconic venue enhancing our fishing heritage tradition hence our nick name (mariners) Job done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
BIGChris
March 6, 2015, 4:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
FFS If all else fails go for the old eye sore ice house area now been leveled. Gate way to and from the A180, Avoids coming into town, good rail link, could easily put a road /bus route in off the A180. Great back drop of the iconic dock tower and would be a great iconic venue enhancing our fishing heritage tradition hence our nick name (mariners) Job done.

Who owns the land and who pays for the new stadium?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
psgmariner
March 6, 2015, 4:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from BIGChris

Who owns the land and who pays for the new stadium?

I still don't fully understand the answer to that question re Peaks Parkway.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
BIGChris
March 6, 2015, 4:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
My limited understanding is that the developers of the enabling development pay for the majority of the stadium. I assume the council or a new holding company will own the land on which the stadium will be build and the club will have a long lease (999 years) at a peppercorn rent
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
psgmariner
March 6, 2015, 4:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
So GTFC won't own the stadium then. That's my concern. We therefore have next to no assets.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
Trawler
March 6, 2015, 5:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Sad though I would be to leave it Blundell Park doesn't really represent much in the way of assets.  Spoke to Fenty at the first consultation. He claims the Blundell Park plot is valued at circa £750,000.  After demolition costs of £250,000 club walks away with £500,000.  A drop in the ocean of new ground costs.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaks Parkway Allotments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.