Reply: 10 - 23
1mickylyons
March 5, 2015, 10:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
The key word here is pressure and how those at the top cope with it.Historically under PH we haven't fared to well when it`s really mattered in a pressure game so best we go top on the last day and win the League then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
arryarryarry
March 5, 2015, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
If we don't go up then perhaps the Macc manager might be the right man for the job, as he appears to be doing a great job on a pittance of a budget.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Maringer
March 5, 2015, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
I thought they had a wealthy backer, but must have been confusing them with someone else as a quick search indicates their Chairman remains the same. Not entirely sure what the status is, however, as there are news stories from a year or two back claiming they were going to become a Community club and the link to the Community web site isn't working.

If they haven't got a decent budget, they are doing well. No players near the top of the scoring charts so it is obviously a team effort working for them.

As always, I do wonder if their manager would be able to make good signings were he to come here in the future. Macclesfield is an easy commute from both Manchester and the Potteries and isn't far from Merseyside and the Lancashire clubs either so it ought to be relatively simple for them to pick up rejects from the many League clubs in the area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
MeanwoodMariner
March 5, 2015, 12:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Maringer

As always, I do wonder if their manager would be able to make good signings were he to come here in the future. Macclesfield is an easy commute from both Manchester and the Potteries and isn't far from Merseyside and the Lancashire clubs either so it ought to be relatively simple for them to pick up rejects from the many League clubs in the area.

It's a great point. The North West sustains an incredible amount of teams really and inevitably there are loads of players not quite good enough for the top divisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
RichMariner
March 5, 2015, 1:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,142
Gold Stars: 209
We've got a chance of winning the league, but it's only a chance. There are three other teams at this moment in time who have a better chance and we need to be mindful of that.

All the Town players can do is go out and win their next game. Then we see where that leaves us.

My honest opinion is that we won't win on Saturday. We might not lose either, but we have a habit of getting everyone's hopes up (like at Christmas) and then dropping points (v Lincoln and Macclesfield).

We've just reignited the thought of automatic promotion... let's keep this promotion train on its tracks!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
AlanPoutonsTackle
March 5, 2015, 6:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
I'm still looking over our shoulders really. I don't think the play offs are any way near certain and theres more chance of us getting caught than catching others. Think the best now is PH guides us into the playoffs because I'll tell you what if Bristol Rovers go up as champions we might just nick it at wembley.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Rick12
March 5, 2015, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Cant see us winning the league this season but Iam a lot more hopeful now if we do reach the playoffs especially since we done the double over Barnet.Proves if our players are up for it we can outplay most teams  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
ginnywings
March 6, 2015, 10:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The annual "will we, won't we" thread again. We have had it for three seasons now. You can study fixtures all you like but what will be will be. The facts are that we average about 1.8 points per game consistently over the last three seasons and have pretty much hung around 3rd and 4th spot in that time. Nothing looks like changing to me. We'll probably make the play offs, then it's a bit of a lottery. Who has the luck on the day, who puts their chances away, who gets the benefit of the dodgy refereeing decision?

Of course, the teams above could have a slip and we move a bit closer. Similarly we could have a slip and start anxiously looking behind us. The only predictable thing is that it's not predictable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
BIGChris
March 6, 2015, 10:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
The annual "will we, won't we" thread again. We have had it for three seasons now. You can study fixtures all you like but what will be will be. The facts are that we average about 1.8 points per game consistently over the last three seasons and have pretty much hung around 3rd and 4th spot in that time. Nothing looks like changing to me. We'll probably make the play offs, then it's a bit of a lottery. Who has the luck on the day, who puts their chances away, who gets the benefit of the dodgy refereeing decision?

Of course, the teams above could have a slip and we move a bit closer. Similarly we could have a slip and start anxiously looking behind us. The only predictable thing is that it's not predictable.

Abso bloody lutly
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Remaining Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.