Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How do you do it?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

How do you do it?

This thread currently has 4,692 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
barralad
March 5, 2015, 8:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Les Brechin
The own goal was closer than I thought it was.

[youtube]iMeBuyGYKAs[/youtube]

Two things struck me about that:-
The seeming lack of Wolves fans at the game-penned in the corner of the Osmond.
The number of Town fans who used to stand in the open corners.

Re the former-Does seating make it look as though there are loads more there?

As far as memory goes I remember reading something which said that schooldays are the most important because that is the age when the human mind is most receptive to taking in large amounts of information. As a regular listener to "Pick of the Pops" with Fluff Freeman on a Sunday night I can find myself singing(?) along on the radio-word perfect to songs from the 70s (yesterday it was Bowie's "Drive-in Saturday" from 1973) but struggle with words from much more recent songs. On a football basis I seem to be able to remember games from my first few seasons yet couldn't remember us even playing Havant and Waterlooville a couple of seasons ago.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
Les Brechin
March 5, 2015, 9:19am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from barralad

Two things struck me about that:-
The seeming lack of Wolves fans at the game-penned in the corner of the Osmond.
The number of Town fans who used to stand in the open corners.

Re the former-Does seating make it look as though there are loads more there?

As far as memory goes I remember reading something which said that schooldays are the most important because that is the age when the human mind is most receptive to taking in large amounts of information. As a regular listener to "Pick of the Pops" with Fluff Freeman on a Sunday night I can find myself singing(?) along on the radio-word perfect to songs from the 70s (yesterday it was Bowie's "Drive-in Saturday" from 1973) but struggle with words from much more recent songs. On a football basis I seem to be able to remember games from my first few seasons yet couldn't remember us even playing Havant and Waterlooville a couple of seasons ago.

The lack of Wolves fans was probably due to the fact that they were going through some serious problems and they were relegated from Division One to Division Four in consecutive seasons. I think Bristol City had done something similar a couple of seasons earlier.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How do you do it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.