Reply: 10 - 25
headingly_mariner
February 28, 2015, 6:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Might be worth signing him at the end of the season, he needed a clear run of games and wasn't ready without that experience, probably done him the world of good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
ackomariner
February 28, 2015, 6:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Might be worth signing him at the end of the season, he needed a clear run of games and wasn't ready without that experience, probably done him the world of good.

Would you sign again under hurst to be sat on the bench......I wouldnt

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
headingly_mariner
February 28, 2015, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ackomariner

Would you sign again under hurst to be sat on the bench......I wouldnt

Hurst gave him 2 professional contracts and his first games in pro football. I would imagine he would come back to town full time if he got the offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2015, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Hurst gave him 2 professional contracts and his first games in pro football. I would imagine he would come back to town full time if he got the offer.

Doubt that very much.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Maringer
February 28, 2015, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,486
Gold Stars: 185
excrement game today, but a third consecutive victory which takes us up to third in the table. I'm quite pleased about this, to tell the truth.

Why some seem to be so interested in the form of players at a team in the division below, I'm not entirely sure. Seems odd to me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
ackomariner
February 28, 2015, 7:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Maringer
excrement game today, but a third consecutive victory which takes us up to third in the table. I'm quite pleased about this, to tell the truth.

Why some seem to be so interested in the form of players at a team in the division below, I'm not entirely sure. Seems odd to me.

Can't really rave on about our own strikers can we......dreadful again today but still got 80 mins on the pitch.

Sure Hannah could do better than lewis atm, but won't get to chance to show it

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
February 28, 2015, 7:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from jimgtfc
If he had a different name and wasn't an ex town player we'd all be clamouring for us to sign him, same as any player scoring goals at that level... ala Ricky Miller, Omar Bogle, Liam Hearn to name 3.

You're not wrong mate. Definitely need to keep an eye on him, has he signed a new contract? I think he did. He'll be a different player now after being the star man at Boston, only a league below us all season. Whether he would want to come back to a club and a manager that didn't really give him a chance is debatable. But he looks a prospect now alright and I'm pleased for the lad.
Reply: 17 - 25
fleabag1970
February 28, 2015, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'm pleased for the lad but the idea that Southwell would have fired us out of this league is a tad optimistic to say the least!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Did I say that ????????????? NO ...................................... FFS does anyone  actually read the posts

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 28, 2015, 7:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Having watched Southwell he wasn't good enough at that time. if that changes at Boston then well done to him but he can only be judged at the time, there comes a point when a player just needs to move on and this was it. I'm sure he will return to the conference and will be a better player for his Boston experience.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.