Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you owned Grimsby Town FC ......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

If you owned Grimsby Town FC ......

This thread currently has 7,593 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
TAGG
February 27, 2015, 9:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from KK_DOG
I'd give Fenty 30 million and tell him to get us into the football league and get this stadium built.

I'd give Fenty 30 quid and tell him to fook off and never come back.
You asked  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
HackneyHaddock
February 27, 2015, 10:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Clearly most of us have enjoyed daydreaming this one through before!  Here's my plan:

-  Pay off JF's loans and thank him for his contribution
-  Implement those measures proposed by BigChris
-  Sit down with the manager and ask him what he needs in order to get the club promoted
-  Safe standing in the whole of the Pontoon while the new ground gets the go-ahead
-  Work with the council to get the new ground approved ASAP
-  New Training facilities with artificial pitches and community facilities
-  Secure the future of the ladies' team and get more girls and women involved in the club
-  Strengthen the Youth Programme and hire Borussia Dortmund's Academy Coach Gary Gordon as a consultant
-  The new ground to be designed to incorporate a pastiche of styles:  brutalist tribunes in the style of Nantes or Eastern Europe, Archibald Leitch gabled grandstands, cavernously-roofed sweeping terraces straight out of a Lowry painting, modern plaza-style concourses with comfort and families in mind.  Red brickwork reminiscent of the Dock Tower and Port buildings to reflect the town's heritage.  All with great facilities.

In addition, I would want to implement some ideas aimed at setting the long-term tone for the sort of football club GTFC ought to be, including:

-  A Club Constitution, setting out the relationship between fans, board, trust, team and community.
-  A healing of old rifts, burying hatchets and righting of wrongs:  People like John Cockerill should never have to pay for as much as a biscuit at BP
-  Learn from other clubs such as St Pauli in Germany about creating a fan-culture that has room in it for all types of supporters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
lukeo
February 28, 2015, 6:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
I've changed my mind, i'd clearly be loaded so i'd spend every evening in Nicoles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
nickmariners
February 28, 2015, 11:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
1 Amalgamate with Scunthorpe Utd
2 Re-name - Humber South Viking Steelers
3 Change kit to black, claret, white, blue.
4 Move to a new stadium with better transport links --  Doncaster A1 area
5 Re-name again Humber Dons
6 After a couple of seasons + 2 more promotions, move to somewhere else with better transport and bigger catchment area - Milton Keynes maybe
7 Re-name MK Dons-Dons
8 Change kit again to colours that my brand new east European super-model girlfriend prefers - eau de nil and taupe anyone?
9 Sell to an overseas owner with zero knowledge of English football and culture as a high-end tax avoidance, money-laundering vehicle
10 Move to warm tax-favourable island, disappear from public view

Or ----- I might just concentrate on developing a successful football team and then properly renovating BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
KK_DOG
February 28, 2015, 12:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Is it going to happen, did anyone win? I didn't
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
ginnywings
February 28, 2015, 2:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KK_DOG
Is it going to happen, did anyone win? I didn't

Not much chance of me winning. Never bought a lottery ticket in my life.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you owned Grimsby Town FC ......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.