This thread currently has 4,426 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
February 26, 2015, 7:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
They should all take a leaf from Madonna's book. When she went down (pardon me) she got straight back up and performed to her best  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
kevikov
February 26, 2015, 9:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from rancido

I suggested on here some time ago that if a player needs medical attention ie the physio comes on the pitch to attend to him then that player , once on his feet , should go off the pitch for 5 minutes to allow complete recovery from the injury. I don't think that sending a player off for the same period of time for causing an injury should be introduced as it wouldn't discourage feigning injury. What happens if it is an accidental clash? The act of feigning injury must be discouraged and the only way is to punish the player using his absence of the pitch. This in turn will introduce pressure from team mates and managers to discourage this cheating practice.

Double edged sword though, my point was, if the official deems the oppo player has intentionally caused the injury and either been spoken to or cautioned, then they should leave the pitch for the same time so not to dis-advantage the other team, if not, what is to stop a player from intentionally/professionally giving a player a little knock so they end up off the field of play for 5 mins.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
rancido
February 26, 2015, 9:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from kevikov

Double edged sword though, my point was, if the official deems the oppo player has intentionally caused the injury and either been spoken to or cautioned, then they should leave the pitch for the same time so not to dis-advantage the other team, if not, what is to stop a player from intentionally/professionally giving a player a little knock so they end up off the field of play for 5 mins.

But surely a player wouldn't go down for a little knock knowing he could miss 5 mins game time. As for intentionally/professionally knocking a player then surely that is what yellow and red cards are for?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
RichMariner
February 26, 2015, 9:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Nice in theory but it could encourage honest players to make a genuine injury worse by playing on.

My issue is that players will kick the ball into touch when they see an opposition player hurt. Sometimes the referee makes the call. Within two minutes that 'injured' player is running around like nothing happened.

I say don't kick the ball out unless it's for a teammate, or the opposition player is obviously hurt.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
rancido
February 26, 2015, 10:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from RichMariner
Nice in theory but it could encourage honest players to make a genuine injury worse by playing on.

My issue is that players will kick the ball into touch when they see an opposition player hurt. Sometimes the referee makes the call. Within two minutes that 'injured' player is running around like nothing happened.

I say don't kick the ball out unless it's for a teammate, or the opposition player is obviously hurt.

But you only have to send the player off for 5 mins if the physio is involved, therefore minor knocks could be run off. It's not as if the physio does major surgery on a player when he comes on anyway.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
FishOutOfWater
February 27, 2015, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
They should all take a leaf from Madonna's book. When she went down (pardon me) she got straight back up and performed to her best  

Got to say though Madonna is old school....now if that had been Lady Gaga she might still be rolling around on the floor today
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Faking injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.