3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 12:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Regarding McKeown going down after his bizarre tumble (why was he chasing after the ball when Robertson was going to get it?), there was a large divot left in the pitch so I was initially worried that he'd caught his knee and done some damage. Luckily, the referee saw him laying with his head in his hands and must have assumed there was a head injury involved.

Thankfully, McKeown's erratic behaviour on a couple of occasions last night didn't cost us. I can only assume he was desperate to get involved as he barely touched the ball other than punting it upfield!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
FishOutOfWater
February 25, 2015, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from mariner91

What the hell is he doing with a nipple piercing?!

Yeah...should have had clip-ons  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 25
Theimperialcoroner
February 25, 2015, 1:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from mariner91

What the hell is he doing with a nipple piercing?!

That was only one of a number of deviant tendancies he had, but no one dare take the urine

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Mrs Doyle
February 25, 2015, 3:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Must say that scream was embarrassing must have been heard all round the ground as did the shout of "Keep going" by there defender much to the amusement of the crowd lol. First half Jack Mackreth kept chatting the lines women up. Second half she missed an obvious foul at the back and Pearson let her know in no uncertain fashion lol. Good job the ref was miles away otherwise Shaun  would have been in big trouble.Anyone else hear it made me laugh lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Garth
February 25, 2015, 3:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Maringer
Regarding McKeown going down after his bizarre tumble (why was he chasing after the ball when Robertson was going to get it?), there was a large divot left in the pitch so I was initially worried that he'd caught his knee and done some damage. Luckily, the referee saw him laying with his head in his hands and must have assumed there was a head injury involved.

Thankfully, McKeown's erratic behaviour on a couple of occasions last night didn't cost us. I can only assume he was desperate to get involved as he barely touched the ball other than punting it upfield!

Ok I have been watching football for years now and I will admit to my ignorance to some of the rules of the game, when a keeper gets hurt and requires treatment apparently he does not have to leave the field of play to be waved back on again like outfield players do.
But what if he requires stitches in the dressing room and an outfield player dons the jersey, would it be in the rules for him to go back in goal again or would he have to continue as an outfield player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
BIGChris
February 25, 2015, 3:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Garth

Ok I have been watching football for years now and I will admit to my ignorance to some of the rules of the game, when a keeper gets hurt and requires treatment apparently he does not have to leave the field of play to be waved back on again like outfield players do.
But what if he requires stitches in the dressing room and an outfield player dons the jersey, would it be in the rules for him to go back in goal again or would he have to continue as an outfield player

He could go back in goal once he returns to the field
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Garth
February 25, 2015, 3:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from BIGChris

He could go back in goal once he returns to the field

Ah! thanks, never seen it happen in real time though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Marinerz93
February 25, 2015, 4:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Anyone who fakes an injury can't please their partner in bed.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
kevikov
February 25, 2015, 11:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
World football should introduce a 2 minute ruling, any player who claims injury should, after rolling about clutching his face/leg/shin etc, when having left the field be subjected to a minimum 2 minute medical assessment, to prove they are able to return to the field of play safely. Any oppo player who was judged to have caused said injury, intentionally, and cautioned/warned as a result, should leave the field of play for the same amount of time as the injured player or until a replacement is subbed.

Stop the diving/rolling/embarassing faking by punishing the player and his team.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
rancido
February 26, 2015, 4:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from kevikov
World football should introduce a 2 minute ruling, any player who claims injury should, after rolling about clutching his face/leg/shin etc, when having left the field be subjected to a minimum 2 minute medical assessment, to prove they are able to return to the field of play safely. Any oppo player who was judged to have caused said injury, intentionally, and cautioned/warned as a result, should leave the field of play for the same amount of time as the injured player or until a replacement is subbed.

Stop the diving/rolling/embarassing faking by punishing the player and his team.

I suggested on here some time ago that if a player needs medical attention ie the physio comes on the pitch to attend to him then that player , once on his feet , should go off the pitch for 5 minutes to allow complete recovery from the injury. I don't think that sending a player off for the same period of time for causing an injury should be introduced as it wouldn't discourage feigning injury. What happens if it is an accidental clash? The act of feigning injury must be discouraged and the only way is to punish the player using his absence of the pitch. This in turn will introduce pressure from team mates and managers to discourage this cheating practice.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Faking injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.