Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Featured 'remaining' away games ideas..?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Featured 'remaining' away games ideas..?

This thread currently has 6,066 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
February 24, 2015, 11:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Have you seen the Hartlepool fans on the tube to Charlton?

Hundreds of them all dressed as smurfs!!

Check it out, it's hilarious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
immariner
February 25, 2015, 12:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Because I'm so skint, if I do go to Alfreton I don't think I'd be likely to buy a hi-vis jacket but I already have a suit...

I think the inflatables at Barnet put our point across about overzealous stewarding in a really humourous way that a lot of people were able to appreciate. I think that particular protest has been done now though. Also, without wanting to be a killjoy, I think everyone wearing hi-vis would lead to calls of potentially endangering crowd safety as people would be less able to tell who the actual stewards were, those people who are there to supposedly look after our safety. I think there would be some who wouldn't find it amusing and it could backfire. Visibly it would look surreal but practically I don't think it's a good idea. Just a couple of thoughts.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
Fcukthescunts
February 25, 2015, 8:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Immariner I understand your point regarding stewarding but are any club at this level going to turn away 300-500 people in Hi-viz?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
Trawler
February 25, 2015, 8:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
High vis vests can easily be folded up and put in coat pocket. Don them once in ground.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
cmackenzie4
February 25, 2015, 8:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I liked the suited and booted idea at Alfy

I can see the dry cleaners rubbing their hands right now.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
grimps
February 25, 2015, 10:10am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,097
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from immariner
Because I'm so skint, if I do go to Alfreton I don't think I'd be likely to buy a hi-vis jacket but I already have a suit...

I think the inflatables at Barnet put our point across about overzealous stewarding in a really humourous way that a lot of people were able to appreciate. I think that particular protest has been done now though. Also, without wanting to be a killjoy, I think everyone wearing hi-vis would lead to calls of potentially endangering crowd safety as people would be less able to tell who the actual stewards were, those people who are there to supposedly look after our safety. I think there would be some who wouldn't find it amusing and it could backfire. Visibly it would look surreal but practically I don't think it's a good idea. Just a couple of thoughts.

Stewards is the best idea of the lot in my opinion.
It'll actually show them up for the worthless wastes of spaces that they are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
GiveUsAG
February 25, 2015, 11:15am

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
"Wellies at Welling"? Just had a fan (Dan Baker) on the GTFC's black and white army come up with this one.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
Mariner Timsky
February 25, 2015, 11:35am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Hi-Vis cost next to nothing to buy and you can just fold them up and put them in your pocket and we can all do that and put them on once through the turnstiles at Alfreton.

They are a £1 each at my work.

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
Mariner Timsky
February 25, 2015, 11:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Will look pretty amazing on the highlights and the pics in the paper of over 1000 of us in the sunshine in Yellow Hi-Vis!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
jaymariner
February 25, 2015, 11:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Will look pretty amazing on the highlights and the pics in the paper of over 1000 of us in the sunshine in Yellow Hi-Vis!!!!

Hi-viz is a great idea! You can even get personalised ones with the GTFC badge printed on the back at an extra cost.

Get the club to commission a one off hi-viz away kit to play in on the day  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Featured 'remaining' away games ideas..?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.