grimsby pete
February 24, 2015, 6:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
Makes perfect sense to me. See what he can do given a run of games. I don't think he is ready to be chucked into a promotion hunt with only a dozen games left to secure a play off spot. He's well down the pecking order for me and rightly so. We have Palmer, Lewis, Pittman, Hannah and Jolley ahead of him.

All those months we were saying we need a striker,

Now we have got that many we can afford to send one out on loan.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
promotion plaice
February 24, 2015, 10:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Anyone heard owt about Hamish

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
February 25, 2015, 12:17pm
Guest User
Nothing much to beef about, but I find it a bit confusing/disappointing that team Hurst spend quite a while assessing the lad - decide he can score goals - then give him little time on the pitch before loaning him out.

I had assumed - when Hurst was trialing Hamish - he was deciding whether he was the sort of guy to bang the goals in for us THIS season to get us out of this league. Now it would seem he's brought in one he's nurturing for the future. (Or Hurst now thinks he's made a mistake....)

First choices up front for me would be Ollie And JPP.
Not sure what job Jolley can do for us that Arnold can't, though there may be more to come from Jolley as it's early days.
Reply: 12 - 15
RoboCod
February 26, 2015, 12:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Gainsborough seem confident

[url]http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Gainsborough-Trinity-set-sign-Grimsby-Town/story-26084814-detail/story.html[/url]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
bradzmilne
February 26, 2015, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 29
Imagine if we were in the FAT, we could have trialled the lad then. Imagine the scenes when he scored the winner away against Whitehawk away, to send us through to the quarter final in front of 250 fans.
...Oh I do love the FAT

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
FishOutOfWater
February 26, 2015, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
OS BREAKING NEWS: Not one, but two players are set to go out on loan this afternoon.

New Zealand striker Hamish Watson has signed for Conference North club Gainsborough Trinity on a month’s loan.

Whilst young left-sided player Cain Winfarrah is set to join Scarborough Athletic, again, on a month's loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kiwi could go to Gainsborough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.