ginnywings
February 23, 2015, 6:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
The most annoying thing is the Premiership fans at work, you tell them about your weekend and how good of an away day it was, your still proper buzzing from it all and show them the pics and vids and they just look at you gone out, , ,they just dont get it!

Oh and they see the scoreline on Sky Sports and say 'you was lucky' or something on them lines.

Ah well, , much rather be a Town fan then an Arsenal , Chelski, Liverpool, Moan Utd , etc any day of the year.

GTID

UTMM

There's a guy at work who has 2 season tickets for Hull and i heard him on the phone today to his mate saying how good a result it was for "us" on Saturday against QPR. I said to him "what do you mean us, you're not a Hull City fan or even from Hull and you can't surely get a proper buzz from watching a team you don't really support". He said to me, "well it's better than watching that shite at BP".

Nah, no way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Mariner Timsky
February 23, 2015, 6:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Speaking to a Liverpool fan earlier told him about almost 1000 of us down at Barnet going mental for the whole game and his reply was so what we will have 40,000 at the weekend, , but the difference is it means so much more to us, , I actually believe WE got them 2 goals at the end, , they were for US

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
grimsby pete
February 23, 2015, 6:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
It takes me 25 mins to get to Ipswich,

Under an hour to get to Norwich,

BUT

I could never support them and I have lived down here for 28 years.

Mariner's for ever !!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Mariner Timsky
February 23, 2015, 6:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Classic buffer face, they are waiting for their heart to send a message to the brain but that vacuum where their soul used to be, prevents that message from getting there, hence the buffer face, which is also proof that glory hunters have no soul.

Buffer face! Love it, , spot on for the plastic fans shouting at the telly on a Saturday afternoon or shouting at the screen down their local boozer, ,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
jock dock tower
February 23, 2015, 7:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
To use a Glasgow phrase, the whole thing on Saturday was "pure dead f***ing brilliant"

I've watched the highlights over and over again and still get a tingle watching them. Maybe the rubicon has now been crossed between the players and fans in terms of how they react in fron of the crowds at the really big games. It could, just could, give us the impetus to go and win say 90% of the rest of our games and get automatic promotion.

Keep believing, keep the faith, UTM.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
nightrider
February 23, 2015, 7:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Weve always had decent away support. Its not suprising the team do well away from home
The thing here is the distance town fans had to travel. What was it, 3.5hrs?
I remember Leicester took 6000 to Sheff Weds when they were in the third division which was impressive
I'd say Norwich had one of the most vocal supports Ive seen at BP. The geordies were good but Im sure Norwich came up on a cold Tuesday night when we were relegated under Laws. They were bloody loud. Mind you, they were top and they beat us 1-4 I think....

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
grimsby pete
February 23, 2015, 7:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from nightrider
Weve always had decent away support. Its not suprising the team do well away from home

That could be the reason our home form is poor,

The lads do not stand behind the goal and sing their hearts out like at Barnet,

Lets change that from tomorrow and start singing from the off,

The players do respond to a loud crowd backing them,

So lets hear it for the boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
wembley_double98
February 23, 2015, 7:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
The most annoying thing is the Premiership fans at work, you tell them about your weekend and how good of an away day it was, your still proper buzzing from it all and show them the pics and vids and they just look at you gone out, , ,they just dont get it!

Oh and they see the scoreline on Sky Sports and say 'you was lucky' or something on them lines.

Ah well, , much rather be a Town fan then an Arsenal , Chelski, Liverpool, Moan Utd , etc any day of the year.

GTID

UTMM

Hello Tim
Along with all this, deluded Cobblers fans constantly ranting on they should be in the championship...whatever

UTM

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
codcheeky
February 23, 2015, 9:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Mariner Timsky
February 23, 2015, 10:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from wembley_double98

Hello Tim
Along with all this, deluded Cobblers fans constantly ranting on they should be in the championship...whatever

UTM

Cobblers fans telling me how they should be top of the league etc, , blah blah blah

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ' Talk of the country '

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.