Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where we at now then?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

Where we at now then?

This thread currently has 5,516 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Andy
February 21, 2015, 7:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +143
Gold Stars: 1
It changes on a weekly basis, but as it looks tonight 4 teams vying for 4th and 5th spot - Town, FGR, Eastleigh and Halifax.

Roll on Tuesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
Theimperialcoroner
February 21, 2015, 8:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 102
I couldn't give two shits about Citteh Vs The Barcy. I'll be at Blundell Park even though it means only 4 hours sleep.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
GrimRob
February 21, 2015, 9:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
We had flags at the home game with Barnet and inflatables at the away game with Barnet. The players must responds to the extra support. Let's keep them until the season ends!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 37
forza ivano
February 21, 2015, 9:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
Win on Tuesday and we are six points adrift.unlikley but not impossible especially as we have a very attractive run in.think barnet will stutter and brizzell are flying, but macc are right in there and could be the dark horse.halifax could enter the mix if they can win their games in hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
RichMariner
February 21, 2015, 10:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,138
Gold Stars: 209
I look forward to seeing how Bristol Rovers react when they lose a game.

They don't score a lot of goals. Every team goes through a sticky patch at some point, and if they falter they might not get back up as quick as a team that scores for fun.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
MrsMariner
February 21, 2015, 10:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
We have the easiest run in on paper but we all know that for Town the so called easy games are the ones we struggle in. If we could just replicate todays performance against the lower placed teams and put a decent run together we could be in for a very exciting end to the season but we have to beat the likes of Telford & Braintree. But I have an awful feeling that on Tuesday or Saturday or both we will once again leave BP disapointed and our hopes dashed yet again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
cleethorpes_mariner
February 21, 2015, 10:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
If you look at the fixtures for Halifax, Barnet, Bristol and Maccs they all play each other in the last 12 games,  allot of points to be won and lost yet, Don't fancy any off the above fixtures over ours especially if we put the effort in that we did today.
Not over till the fat one sings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
chaos33
February 22, 2015, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I am delighted and amazed with the result today. Delighted because it keeps us in touch and amazed that we actually managed to score 3 goals. That's the difference between all those fans coming home with a "we should have won" frown and a "we wopped 'em" grin. If anyone deserved the result today it was those fans.

Where does it leave us? We have to play teams below us and our record in those games is not brilliant is it especially when a lower side parks the bus on BP? Nobody has a clue which Town team is going to turn up. Anyway, that part is up to the manager and players. The supporters have done their bit.

Yes indeed

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
Madeleymariner
February 22, 2015, 9:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Where are we at now, same as yesterday at 3pm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
chaos33
February 22, 2015, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from RichMariner
I look forward to seeing how Bristol Rovers react when they lose a game.

They don't score a lot of goals. Every team goes through a sticky patch at some point, and if they falter they might not get back up as quick as a team that scores for fun.

I was thinking this last night too. They just haven't had one have they. Most unusual, and especially for a team who have just dropped into the conference from the league, who's first season is normally characterised by all sorts of inconsistencies as they grapple with some of the rough realities of 'non league'.

I do hope they experience that wobble, and soon. Maybe a couple of injuries and suspensions will do it. You have to say, at the moment, they look the most solid and likely title winners. They've only lost four games all season. We've lost more than double that amount, including six times at home!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where we at now then?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.