7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
February 21, 2015, 5:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
That was incredible. The best away game ive ever been to because of the amazing atmosphere. dis's goal at the end was just beautiful. I am so proud of our fans and players today, well done to everyone, Pitmann made a massive difference when he came on, im taking dino to every game, fantastic from all of us!! Come on town!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
February 21, 2015, 5:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Sounded great on commentary too, safe journey home mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 63
jonnyboy82
February 21, 2015, 5:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Hagrid
That was incredible. The best away game ive ever been to because of the amazing atmosphere. dis's goal at the end was just beautiful. I am so proud of our fans and players today, well done to everyone, Pitmann made a massive difference when he came on, im taking dino to every game, fantastic from all of us!! Come on town!!!!

safe trip back mariners.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 63
cmackenzie4
February 21, 2015, 5:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Also when you think about it 969 Town fans is incredible, we are in the conference and take that amount to an away game. Fantastic!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 21, 2015, 5:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I'd like to see the scenes if we get forest green in the playoffs, think the away stand will be in danger of floating away lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 63
RichMariner
February 21, 2015, 5:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
No more than the fans deserved.

That was top quality support, and I'm in no doubt that it got a bit extra out of the players today.

I'm sure they loved the celebrations at the end too.

Just goes to show what sort of effect quality support can have on a team.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
mariner paul
February 21, 2015, 5:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +30
Well done to the mariners fans today it sounded fantastic on the commentary
Can't wait to see the pictures of all them inflatables on the pitch when Disley scored
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
ginnywings
February 21, 2015, 5:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Hagrid

Chuffed for you Hagrid. You young 'uns have had precious little to cheer about in the last few seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 63
punk mariner
February 21, 2015, 6:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +38
what a match. incredible atmosphere, best away support I've seen for a long time from us. still buzzing!

great first half: forced them into mistakes, pressed high, mackreth and arnold were having some luck down the wings and jolley was making some great runs on the break. Arnold should have had one and we nearly forced them into an own goal. our goal came from great closing down from Magnay and fantastically chased down by Jack. well deserved.

we started the second half far too slow and deep. it seemed we came out to keep them quiet for the first 10-15 mins and it didn't work. we sat back and the gap between midfield and attack was too great which meant they won all the loose balls. the goal was coming and wasn't closed down. after that we turned up again. JPP's strength helped and we were certainly getting some luck on the break. LJL was unlucky with a header from a cross that was just behind him and Arnold decided to shoot (and miss wildly) when he should have crossed.

Dizza's goal came from a short freekick which most of us moaned about but a great finish. incredible scenes when the 3rd went in. a bit flattering, a bit lucky but it shows if we play on the front foot, close down quickly and attack we can beat anyone. well done Town. well done to the players. they worked their socks off.

here's a great video of the fans my dad got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaHc7WOivgE

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
MeanwoodMariner
February 21, 2015, 6:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Some great inflatables! Would love to have been there. Can't wait to see the goal celebrations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.