grimsby pete
February 20, 2015, 10:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Any chance of a link ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 87
BIGChris
February 20, 2015, 11:08am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93
It was a better interview than his TV appearance but still letting the interviewers lead rather than taking the bull by the horns and making it something that has to be enabled because of the benefits to the town.

Could you imagine any other town that has a football with history like ours not have it at the forefront of planning and at it's heart.  The club is steeped in the fabric of the town and over 30,000, 28,000, 25,000 went to Wembley, people who are associated with the town.

If any councillor is against the club then they need confronting, especially Defitarse who isn't even from Grimsby, were is he from.

Tbf De Freitas has been in Grimsby for more than 50 yrs many of which as a councillor. I' d that he is very consistent in his views about preserving green spaces whether that involves GTFC or not.

As a resident of his ward my main gripe is that rather than listening to people and representing them he pushes his own views on residents ( I am not just talking about the proposed new ground here)
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 87
Marinerz93
February 20, 2015, 11:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris
[/b]

Tbf De Freitas has been in Grimsby for more than 50 yrs many of which as a councillor. I' d that he is very consistent in his views about preserving green spaces whether that involves GTFC or not.

As a resident of his ward my main gripe is that rather than listening to people and representing them he pushes his own views on residents ( I am not just talking about the proposed new ground here)

Fair point Chris but this town has gone backwards over the last few decades, so not only is he part of that decline he is stopping the club from going forward, to coin a phrase he is a dinosaur, especially as you say if he is pushing his own views he is not representing the people who put him in charge of the ward.

We need to challenge Defirtarse at every opportunity, but in a civil manner.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 87
oldun
February 20, 2015, 11:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Marinerz93

Fair point Chris but this town has gone backwards over the last few decades, so not only is he part of that decline he is stopping the club from going forward, to coin a phrase he is a dinosaur, especially as you say if he is pushing his own views he is not representing the people who put him in charge of the ward.

Civil manner?? use his proper name then

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 87
oldun
February 20, 2015, 11:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Marinerz93
It was a better interview than his TV appearance but still letting the interviewers lead rather than taking the bull by the horns and making it something that has to be enabled because of the benefits to the town.

Could you imagine any other town that has a football with history like ours not have it at the forefront of planning and at it's heart. The club is steeped in the fabric of the town and over 30,000, 28,000, 25,000 went to Wembley, people who are associated with the town.

If any councillor is against the club then they need confronting, especially Defitarse who isn't even from Grimsby, were is he from.

Many of whom do not live here of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 87
sausage rolls
February 20, 2015, 11:37am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +31
Quoted from Marinerz93

He was not born or raised in Grimsby and only came here in his twenties from French Guiana I believe.He also spent his first few months/years here at the YMCA and probably has an allegience to this area.  My question therefore is:
How does he know what the club means to the residents of the area and what growing up with the club and those memories/feelings/allegences being passed down from generation to generation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 87
Marinerz93
February 20, 2015, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from oldun

Civil manner?? use his proper name then

Civil manner in person, not on here, I'll treat him with the contempt he deserves on here.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 87
BS baffles brains
February 20, 2015, 11:57am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Heard party of JF interview on radio Humberside, and the part about, not all 1600 houses, needed to be built near the proposed new ground, idea to spread  them across the N.E Lincs area, and that GTFC are in discussion with land owners, well if some one can pass this on, my mate has ten acres of agricultural land, with no chance of planning, worth about 90k, but if JF can get him planning , has part of this football ground scheme, he reckons he would give £2 million towards the stadium, when he sells the land on for £7 million, any one else got any land, cracking idea, I'm taking down my garden shed at the weekend, see what space I've got. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 87
Theimperialcoroner
February 20, 2015, 11:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
He's been a regular at BP before, sitting in the Pontoon iirc. Personally I find him a poisonous little excrement who opposes progress, something that has plagued GY for many years.
I made a point on the survey about me coming to GY and spending my money there for one reason eg. GTFC and that the Council need to do all they can to protect this valuable asset, rather than obstructing something that would go a long way to securing it's future.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 87
carp catcher
February 20, 2015, 1:24pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
I live in his borough and he knocked on my door yesterday collectin names for his petition.i gave him it both barrels about how the council should support the clubs need to move.
His gripe seems to be with JF.not happy about the way he goes about business his main fighting point is the building of the houses.
He says the club should build on the other side of railway near BP

54.4 mirror
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Fenty on Look North

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.