2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
February 15, 2015, 12:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,314
Gold Stars: 526
Had his critics on here, but since being out of the team, we've looked a hell of a lot more shaky at the back!! Personally think he can feel hard done too for being dropped, thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
February 15, 2015, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Pearson has not been at his best imo but never ever will be dropped.

Parslow not a player for me who could improve whats already been playing.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
chaos33
February 15, 2015, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Yeah. Don't agree with the OP.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
ex-merseymariner
February 15, 2015, 1:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

I think that there was an argument for bringing on Parslow, maybe for Clay.   Rovers had a back 4 with a deep sitting midfielder; maybe we should have copied them later on and pushed full backs up.....

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
February 15, 2015, 1:47pm
Guest User
He's be better as a holding midfielder in a 4-3-3. The squad is set up for 4-3-3 IMO. We aren't getting the best out of Jolley, Macreth, Arnold in this rigid 4-4-2. Parslow could sit allowing any two of Disley, Clay, Mccaughlin to push on and support. We still have time to get it right as far as the play offs go, the title has gone.
Reply: 4 - 13
chaos33
February 15, 2015, 2:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
In my opinion Parslow is no holding midfielder. I know he did a decent  job away at Wrexham, but in his other performances there he looked well short to me. Slow to react, not particularly strong in the tackle or in the air, and not a great passer. He just occupies space and breaks up attacks, but little more. He's a steady full back. The idea that his omission might have something to do with our recent disappointing results is no more than clutching at straws for me.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
ginnywings
February 15, 2015, 2:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from chaos33
In my opinion Parslow is no holding midfielder. I know he did a decent  job away at Wrexham, but in his other performances there he looked well short to me. Slow to react, not particularly strong in the tackle or in the air, and not a great passer. He just occupies space and breaks up attacks, but little more. He's a steady full back. The idea that his omission might have something to do with our recent disappointing results is no more than clutching at straws for me.

Totally agree. Problems are at the other end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
arryarryarry
February 15, 2015, 2:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 116
Parslow looked OK in his first game at Kidderminster and also at Wrexham in all his other games I think he has looked poor at times, just another he will do type of player that we end up paying but hardly using such as Bignot, a waste of valuable resources of which the manager has to take the blame.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
oldun
February 15, 2015, 3:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
If we think Parslow is the answer to anything then gawd help us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Maringer
February 15, 2015, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,369
Gold Stars: 183
Parslow is a decent utility player who can cover various defensive roles, but I don't think he's good enough to be first choice in any of them.

Unfortunately, Toto is looking shaky at the moment and his booking yesterday was ridiculous - all he needed to do was get his body in between the player and the ball but instead stuck his leg out to trip him, pick up a booking and gift them a set piece in a dangerous area. I realise that Blissett was a real handful for the defence yesterday, but he needed to do a lot better. On balance, I think I'd still have him in the team instead of Parslow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
oldun
February 16, 2015, 9:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Maringer
Parslow is a decent utility player who can cover various defensive roles, but I don't think he's good enough to be first choice in any of them.

Unfortunately, Toto is looking shaky at the moment and his booking yesterday was ridiculous - all he needed to do was get his body in between the player and the ball but instead stuck his leg out to trip him, pick up a booking and gift them a set piece in a dangerous area. I realise that Blissett was a real handful for the defence yesterday, but he needed to do a lot better. On balance, I think I'd still have him in the team instead of Parslow.

Too true, not even in the balance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
DocTower
February 16, 2015, 12:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
3/4 of the season gone and he still don't  know how to set a team up or what our best starting eleven is .  The undropables  and substitutions and formations have been problems for far too long now , IMO will never be addressed under this regime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
diehardmariner
February 16, 2015, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,356
Gold Stars: 529
Can appreciate the notion that Parslow would arguably suit a holding midfielder role, arguably more than anyone else in the team at present.

However the idea that we would employ such a tactic A) against teams we need to make up ground on, B) at home and C) when we need to win games makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I fully expect it to be used on Saturday at Barnet.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
TownSNAFU5
February 16, 2015, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,825
Gold Stars: 42
When Toto was suspended we struggled in games/lost games we should not have done.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parslow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.