2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
oldun
February 16, 2015, 9:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Maringer
Parslow is a decent utility player who can cover various defensive roles, but I don't think he's good enough to be first choice in any of them.

Unfortunately, Toto is looking shaky at the moment and his booking yesterday was ridiculous - all he needed to do was get his body in between the player and the ball but instead stuck his leg out to trip him, pick up a booking and gift them a set piece in a dangerous area. I realise that Blissett was a real handful for the defence yesterday, but he needed to do a lot better. On balance, I think I'd still have him in the team instead of Parslow.

Too true, not even in the balance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
DocTower
February 16, 2015, 12:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
3/4 of the season gone and he still don't  know how to set a team up or what our best starting eleven is .  The undropables  and substitutions and formations have been problems for far too long now , IMO will never be addressed under this regime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
diehardmariner
February 16, 2015, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 518
Can appreciate the notion that Parslow would arguably suit a holding midfielder role, arguably more than anyone else in the team at present.

However the idea that we would employ such a tactic A) against teams we need to make up ground on, B) at home and C) when we need to win games makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I fully expect it to be used on Saturday at Barnet.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
TownSNAFU5
February 16, 2015, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
When Toto was suspended we struggled in games/lost games we should not have done.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parslow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.