11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc82
February 16, 2015, 9:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from Teestogreen

Feeling very relaxed about the inevitability that Grimsby are not going up. Just accept it - it's much less painful.

UTM

I know what you mean! I don't feel relaxed about it though, just fed up!!! Fed up that teams like Burton, Morecambe, Accrington and Fleetwood are in League 2 (on merit) and we're not!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 109
BIGChris
February 16, 2015, 9:07am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from gtfc82

I know what you mean! I don't feel relaxed about it though, just fed up!!! Fed up that teams like Burton, Morecambe, Accrington and Fleetwood are in League 2 (on merit) and we're not!!

Fleetwood are in League One but i know how you feel
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 109
oldun
February 16, 2015, 9:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I don't think Bristol expected to win this game, I think they would have settled for a 0-0. At half time I think they thought actually if we step it up a bit and get at them we might nick one. If we nick one early we can shut up shop and grab 3 points, which is just what happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 109
friskneymariner
February 16, 2015, 10:16am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from barralad

I see what you did there...missing out the key word "continually"

Interspersed with decent performances- Dartford, Halifax, Woking, FGR , Barnet...

I think we'll have to agree to disagree...

I will have to disagree to disagree we have witnessed some very good performances especially the ones you mention,the issue is they are too infrequent and our performances are erratic,that is the disappointing and frustrating thing.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 109
ginnywings
February 16, 2015, 1:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Win lose or draw, i find it a mostly boring experience at BP. Every now and again, we get a decent match like Barnet, but they are few and far between.  Finding it very much a drag to haul myself to BP and i don't know if i can stand another season down here unless we get a more dynamic manager and team. I'd rather we failed to go up playing open attacking football, than have to watch that drivel and still fail to get promoted.

If we had played great on Saturday and lost 3-2, then fair enough but it was patently obvious from early on that we were going to create very little and 1 goal would be enough to beat us.

My over riding feeling as i walked home on Saturday was " why do i keep going and paying £18 to watch that garbage, in the hope that this time it will be better" ? 3 of the last 4 home games have been a right let down, not so much because we lost but that we never really looked like we could win. Then there's the Barnet and Eastleigh games which give you hope again, only for the inevitable slap in the face to be just around the corner. I wish Hurst was either brilliant and took us back into the league, or utter garbage and we could get rid. For the last 3 years he has kept dangling success in front of us, then snatching it away, doing just enough for the powers that be to give him that little bit longer.

It's torture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 109
BIGChris
February 16, 2015, 1:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
Win lose or draw, i find it a mostly boring experience at BP. Every now and again, we get a decent match like Barnet, but they are few and far between.  Finding it very much a drag to haul myself to BP and i don't know if i can stand another season down here unless we get a more dynamic manager and team. I'd rather we failed to go up playing open attacking football, than have to watch that drivel and still fail to get promoted.

If we had played great on Saturday and lost 3-2, then fair enough but it was patently obvious from early on that we were going to create very little and 1 goal would be enough to beat us.

My over riding feeling as i walked home on Saturday was " why do i keep going and paying £18 to watch that garbage, in the hope that this time it will be better" ? 3 of the last 4 home games have been a right let down, not so much because we lost but that we never really looked like we could win. Then there's the Barnet and Eastleigh games which give you hope again, only for the inevitable slap in the face to be just around the corner. I wish Hurst was either brilliant and took us back into the league, or utter garbage and we could get rid. For the last 3 years he has kept dangling success in front of us, then snatching it away, doing just enough for the powers that be to give him that little bit longer.

It's torture.

We don't always agree but i can't fault any of your comments above
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 109
Les Brechin
February 16, 2015, 2:12pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from ginnywings

It's torture.

Pretty much spot on Ginny. A big green tick from me.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 109
diehardmariner
February 16, 2015, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Spot on above with that feeling.

I'm going to Barnet for no other reason than I've something else to do that way on the following day.  Had it not been for that, I would have half listened on the radio.

My passion for this club is slowly getting sucked out of me.  Saturday's penalty decision was met by some around me with outrage, for me I couldn't be bothered.  I thought it was a penalty anyway but in a promotion battle you appeal for everything.  Penalty decisions, corners, free-kicks, even a throw-in on the halfway line.  Nope, just an acknowledgement that we had diced with danger and got caught.

Their goal - mild mutterings that it looked out of play followed by a meek sigh of resignation that we had given the ball away before that needlessly and then failed to close down.  No screaming at the referee, no frustration at the players for ballsing up, nothing.

I love football, I absolutely love the game.  I've loved it for as long as I can remember.  I love watching entertaining football, I love that feeling of watching any game and feeling breathless at the pace and excitement of it.  Everything about it, even two sides of shocking technical ability can produce a mouthwatering fixture.  Nothing beats that edge of the seat stuff when an attacking minded player picks the ball up and stalks the defenders, teasing them with the ball because you know full well they're not getting near it and he's going for the throat.  Everyone knows it.  The attacker, the crowd, the bench, the referee, even the defender knows.  Absolutely brilliant to watch.  Nothing beats seeing a side suck another side in, drawing them further and further up the pitch, everyone behind the ball.....BANG counter-attack at pace.  

When was the last time you felt that excitement at a Town game?  Better still, when was the last time you went to a game expecting to be entertained in that manner?

I'm turning up out of habit.  Habits are meant to be broken.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 109
TownSNAFU5
February 16, 2015, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41

6 home defeats to date is getting to be very consistent.

A team reflects the personality of its manager. We will need a new manager at some stage if we want more exciting play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 109
friskneymariner
February 16, 2015, 3:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Spot on Snafu,is it me but does anybody else feel there is something amiss when our main striker is back defending corners,is Hurst expecting too much of him to perform at both ends.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.