This thread currently has 19,990 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
February 15, 2015, 1:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not sure what Hurst will do he's got the pressure on now, does he actually know our best team?? For whatever reason the most creative player is no longer here and without Palmer he was bolloxed.  Jolly looks a tad lost not sure Hurst is doing him any favours expecting him to lead the front line. We need to bounce back quick and secure a play off place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 109
chaos33
February 15, 2015, 2:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
The thing is, these same points have been debated time and again, week after week, month after month. What has Hurst learned, if anything? The abject failure to use substitutes to effect is particularly infuriating. Professionals who repeatedly fail to control a ball should be shot, or replaced.
I see a team and manager no closer to promotion than they were two or three years ago.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 109
ackomariner
February 15, 2015, 2:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from chaos33
The thing is, these same points have been debated time and again, week after week, month after month. What has Hurst learned, if anything? The abject failure to use substitutes to effect is particularly infuriating. Professionals who repeatedly fail to control a ball should be shot, or replaced.
I see a team and manager no closer to promotion than they were two or three years ago.

Bang on chaos, been talking about the same cr@p for two years now....and nothing changes

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 109
arryarryarry
February 15, 2015, 2:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris

Winfarrah has never been a regular starter as a full back at any level. He had a few minutes as an early sub and did ok but he always been a midfielder. Putting a youngster in is fine but in a position were he has very little experience cannot be right imo

I always understood Winfarrah was a winger, so I cannot understand him not getting at least a run out on the wing especially when in the main Mackreth and Arnold have been poor so far this season.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 109
arryarryarry
February 15, 2015, 2:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ackomariner

Bang on chaos, been talking about the same cr@p for two years now....and nothing changes

As have I but we constantly get red crossed by the "pro-Hurst will get us up" brigade.

Private Message
Reply: 54 - 109
barralad
February 15, 2015, 3:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from chaos33

19 days ago we won at Eastleigh. Were we closer to promotion then as a unit?

I think the earlier poster has it about right. Without Palmer Hurst was always going to be in trouble. I don't know when the Palmer news broke but I didn't find out about it until I got in the ground so you could read into that that all of Hurst's plans to deal with the best defence in the league were including Palmer. Would many have started with Hannah given his lack of height and his (seeming) lack of form/confidence? Would many really have started with Hamish given the opposition? All managers gamble to a certain extent. To play Jolley in that central striking role was a gamble which very, very clearly didn't pay off. It was made worse by the fact that Bristol forced LJL out deeper in the second half meaning that the two of them were miles apart.
Probably the two most frustrating aspects are 1. the lack of control and 2. the inability to pick passes at important moments.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 109
friskneymariner
February 15, 2015, 3:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from chaos33

Exactly we are no further on from the beginning of the season rely on LJL to be the main goal scorer,Hurst is either obdurate stupid or stubborn as anybody can see that is not going to work.

I would like to know as to exactly what his strategy is re scoring goals,does he even know.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 109
oldun
February 15, 2015, 3:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Spoke to Palmer before the game. He said he felt his hamstring tighten during the FGR game but played on for a while. Did not train until Thursday and felt it again and could not continue. He is hoping with rest he might be available against Barnet. Did not sound too confident though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 109
oldun
February 15, 2015, 3:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Oh, just a point I was not overly impressed with Bristol actually. Yes they worked hard and were tough defensively but happily to lash clearances anywhere , I lost track of how many throw ins they gave us in their own half. Going forward they offered little in the first half. For about 20 mins before they scored they committed a few more men forward. The goal was a joke from our point of view and not created by great play on their part. After the goal they shut up shop and hung on. If we had scored the first goal I am sure we would have won that game. Their fans whilst delighted with the result, breathed a sigh of relief at the end and admit is was a close thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 109
barralad
February 15, 2015, 3:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from friskneymariner

Exactly we are no further on from the beginning of the season rely on LJL to be the main goal scorer,Hurst is either obdurate stupid or stubborn as anybody can see that is not going to work.

I would like to know as to exactly what his strategy is re scoring goals,does he even know.

Don't obdurate and stubborn mean the same? Anyway, that aside I suspect Paul Hurst would be delighted if someone else could share the goalscoring burden. I think LJL has assisted in quite a few of our goals? (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!) Ollie has two in four-now injured. Hannah has missed at least four gilt edged chances in the last two games. Mackreth has stopped scoring again and Arnold doesn't pull his weight in that area. The chances are being created but not finished off

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.