Mariner Timsky
February 14, 2015, 5:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Hurst sounds his usual deluded self, he should be ripping into the players public or not

Do you reckon he ever shouts???

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
promotion plaice
February 14, 2015, 6:03pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
That's another Saturday feeling down then, i just hope Hurst can somehow bluff his way into getting Town promoted. I don't care how we do it now
as long as it happens.
Playoffs is now the target and then it is a 25% chance lottery, you have to be in it to win it, simples.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
February 14, 2015, 6:03pm
Guest User
What's worrying is I can't fault the players application at all. They gave everything and it was clear from relatively early on that it wouldn't be enough to win the game, Rovers always looked like nicking a goal or two. Mckeown made at least two top saves where as Mildenhall didn't have to make any stops of note. I know it's late in the season but I really do think we have the personel suited to 4-3-3. Lenny is undroppable for some reason, his second touch is always a tackle and he can't hit a cows bottom with a banjo. I don't see any real creativity as we stand against any half decent sides.

We need to get the best out of the players we have, I don't think we are doing that at the moment. If we played a midfield three of Clay holding, with Disley and Paddy in front (not too keen on the glove wearer but he is creative as long as he's in a three with two doing the work) then we can fully utilise Jack Macreth or Nathan Arnold and definitely Christian Jolley who wants balls in front of him, not to his feet with the need to track back and cover his full back. Macreth would benefit from not having to cover Magnay. The league title has gone now, we are still well placed to make the play offs but I fear if we play the likes of Bristol Rovers, FGR even then we won't have enough over two legs as we are. Change the shape to suit the players we have at the club. No more round pegs in square holes.
Reply: 22 - 28
fleabag1970
February 14, 2015, 6:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
[quote=39007]So flipping predictable.  2 games ago it was all optimisim and a view of 3 games, 9 points and a title challenge. Before the final whistle we have comments like this.

spoiler alert , spoiler alert     ................I know how the story ends that's why I posted before the game finished ........... Look away now if you don't wish to know the out come ............................. WE DONT GO UP !!

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
LH
February 14, 2015, 7:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Bad VP. There is no such thing as over and out.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
fleabag1970
February 14, 2015, 7:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from LH
Bad VP. There is no such thing as over and out.

Sorry  I should of put  " Good By " ............................................................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
DocTower
February 14, 2015, 7:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
All too predictable  , another no show when we hoped we would but deep down we knew we wouldn't  . Although the season isn't  over , it does feel like it now for many . Barnet on Saturday ,, loose that then I do feel we will be scrapping for 5th place . Lower teams to play but our record against then isn't good either .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
arryarryarry
February 14, 2015, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from blundellpork
Fairly tight game which could have easily ended 0-0. In my opinion there was only ever going to be one goal in it, and Bristol were the more likely to get it. They were a very compact hard working unit who won most challenges and hunted us down quickly when we had the ball. At this rate they may go on to overhaul Barnet, whilst we aim to cling on to 5th spot.

Quite simply we are too predictable and rarely offered any slick first time play. When we went behind it called for 2/3 substitutions to shake things up, but instead we got one at a time and like for like.

Realistically I think we are aiming for 5th, but I wouldn't fancy our chances if we ended up playing Bristol at either semi, or play off final.

Porky

Could easily have ended up 0-4 if Macca hadn't pulled off some great saves and their guy had scored the penalty.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
acko338
February 15, 2015, 9:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Bristol had the better game plan - little nudges as balls were played up and through, no time for any of the Town midfield to turn and run - they could trap a ball when delivered, we didn't.

We played the ball too slowly to standing players with little or no movement up front - J -L l was being tightly marked and his own ball control was atrocious all game - needs a rest !!

The move for the disallowed goal was Town's only REAL frightener for them and showed their real frailty if we had played faster and a bit more direct, given the players on the park.

If we HAD equalised it would have been rough justice for Rovers' game plan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Over and out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.