12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
gobby
February 10, 2015, 7:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Good player, sorry to see him go instead of fighting for his place and proving a point. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 112
Jarmo.Is.God
February 10, 2015, 8:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
People criticising and praising Hurst for this one, but I read it that Neilson requested his contract to be called.

If the above is correct, then. No point in keeping another player who is not happy here for one reason or another
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 112
BIGChris
February 10, 2015, 8:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from SamTheMariner
I think the biggest low point of this is that those generous souls who put 50k in will have had most of it spent on paying off Thomas and Neilson's contracts. So far by all accounts Jolley has been rusty and Robertson looked suspect and right footed on Saturday. If Mackreth can keep doing what he did when he came on, beating his full back and putting a wonderful cross in and Arnold can stay in form then Lenny, Zlatan and Diz will score a hat full of goals and we may stand a chance.

Not sure what 'accounts' you have listened too but certainly not 'all'. In his two appearances so far i think he has looked strong, accomplished and done his job with the minimum of fuss. Definitely LEFT footed. He may not give us dynamic forward runs but equally his games so far have both been away to sides challenging near the play offs. He MAY offer more when we are home but for starters he looks a very solid defender and that is an improvement on what we have had.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 112
Rick12
February 10, 2015, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from chicaneuk

Exactly what I thought. Something feels a bit dodgy here.

Real loss for the club I know he's been a little inconsistent but when he was great, he was great. Really disappointed he's gone.
My thoughts as well.Still remembered the Barnet away game last season.Best player on the park for me.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 112
mike_d
February 10, 2015, 11:47am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
Has anyone considered that the club saying he was ill might have been to help Scott by covering up his issues, to give him space to get his head sorted rather than the club covering up a conspiracy on their part. It would seem to relate to their giving Aswad time to get himself sorted, and Liam Hearn's rehabilitation.

I'm not saying the club's perfect, but perhaps we should give them as much of the benefit of the doubt that seems to be accorded to the players.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 112
MrsMariner
February 10, 2015, 12:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
I'm really sorry to see him go, I always preferred  a Town team with Neilson in it than without. After our poor start to the season he came in and really made the team tick and scored a few goals aswell. I'm disapointed Hurst wasn't able to continue to get the best out of him, I know he's had injuries but I dont think he was played in his best position enough. By letting him go Hurst makes life a little easier for himself with team selections and keeping squad players happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 112
RichMariner
February 10, 2015, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
It's a genuine shame to see him go, but he's not contributed much to the team for a long time now so I don't think we're losing much in that respect.

He hit such great heights at the end of August and throughout September, which makes his release, and loss of form before it, seem a bit odd.

I didn't expect him to sign a new deal with us last summer. When he got sent off at Gateshead I thought that was his Grimsby career done with. I don't think Hurst expected him to sign, otherwise I'm sure we would've appealed against his red card that day. As a result, he was missing for the first 3 games of the new season.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 66 - 112
grimsby pete
February 10, 2015, 1:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
People criticising and praising Hurst for this one, but I read it that Neilson requested his contract to be called.

If the above is correct, then. No point in keeping another player who is not happy here for one reason or another

That is true and Neilson did not get paid off, he ended his contract and Town agreed to let him go,

I also believe that Thomas did not receive any pay off either because he ended his contract,

So we should have a bit of money foe another loan player,

If there is one out there that is good enough and wants to come on board.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 112
gtfc98
February 10, 2015, 1:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from grimsby pete

That is true and Neilson did not get paid off, he ended his contract and Town agreed to let him go,

I also believe that Thomas did not receive any pay off either because he ended his contract,

So we should have a bit of money foe another loan player,

If there is one out there that is good enough and wants to come on board.

How do you know we didn't pay either of them off? Nielson doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would walk away for nothing!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 112
FishOutOfWater
February 10, 2015, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
How things change quickly for us fans....seems like only yesterday when we were celebrating with these boys in the Black & White stripes

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/kew8jn.jpg[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neilson gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.