Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Steward headlocks Town fan ,way over the top.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

Steward headlocks Town fan ,way over the top.

This thread currently has 38,191 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
February 8, 2015, 7:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
He did 5 or 6 town fans went to help with the situation,

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 129
TAGG
February 8, 2015, 7:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
He did 5 or 6 town fans went to help with the situation,

Nice one good on em

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 129
bradzmilne
February 8, 2015, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 29
Second time an incident like that has happened this season too town fans - Torquay away too. Not acceptable by any means, it's the fifth division of English football, clubs should be accommodating away fans with open arms to raise any extra cash.
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 129
H19P1
February 8, 2015, 9:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710

I agree, let's make the Hive away end the most intimidating it's ever been in every way possible. Pack out the full allocation of tickets in both stands and make em av it, get in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 129
BIGChris
February 9, 2015, 7:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I will probably get pelters for this but it is a genuine question;

Why would a 41 year old man take an inflatable beach ball to watch a football match? Just don't get it!

This does not, in any shape or form, excuse the over the top heavy handed tactics
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 129
ex-merseymariner
February 9, 2015, 8:12am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Article on telegraph website now; http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....56-detail/story.html

Asked if he would take a beachball to games in future, he replied: “I don’t see why not. It’s not going to hurt anyone. It’s not a weapon of mass destruction. It excites people. I just want to give that boost to everybody.”

Read more: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....y.html#ixzz3REXSF1LJ
Follow us: @GrimsbyTel on Twitter | grimsbytel on Facebook

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 129
DocTower
February 9, 2015, 8:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from BIGChris
I will probably get pelters for this but it is a genuine question;

Why would a 41 year old man take an inflatable beach ball to watch a football match? Just don't get it!

This does not, in any shape or form, excuse the over the top heavy handed tactics

Harmless fun ?  Even at my age and health  I still like to have a bit of fun .It appears common sense was thrown out the windows . If anyone considers an inflatable beach ball as an offensive weapon , the world has gone mad .  Was this incident before the match or during . ?   Just a word to the person to keep it under control during the match would have been the correct way .  However visual images tell different  stories .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 129
February 9, 2015, 10:13am
Guest User
I'm happy to act as a witness if needed. It all happened in front of me. Feel bad as I thought about jumping in to help but thought there was a high chance I'd end up with a banning order if I did.

Pm me if needed.
Reply: 57 - 129
Paris Mariner
February 9, 2015, 10:26am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
So err, did anyone else get as much enjoyment as I did out of the picture? Despite the heavy handiness, you have to admire the fan in questions desire to hold on to the ball and the Town fan on the far left about to form a massive smirk on his face at the whole situation.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 129
lukeo
February 9, 2015, 11:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,356
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from 75
I'm happy to act as a witness if needed. It all happened in front of me. Feel bad as I thought about jumping in to help but thought there was a high chance I'd end up with a banning order if I did.

Pm me if needed.

THIS. I along with 4 others see them slam his head against the wall outside. We didn't see the initial incident but if they have statements from people for what happened inside we'd be happy to give them what happened once he was out the ground.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Steward headlocks Town fan ,way over the top.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.