LongEatonMariner
February 5, 2015, 8:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Now here is a bloke with real problems ... He's obviously in a very dark place and deserves a lot of sympathy and help . Can't help thinking he'll get his wish sooner or later tho .

I know I shouldn't joke but are you writing about Clarke or Bruce?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
friskneymariner
February 5, 2015, 8:52pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
My question exactly for which Pete gave me a negative reputation????

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
TAGG
February 5, 2015, 9:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

Mmmm so he went to parties got drunk too many times, ended up with a drink problem that may well have led to his depression, stole money from his friend, blew all his and his wife's money in one bet, got drunk again and drove without any thought for who he might kill or injure then threw himself in front of a lorry without any thought to the driver who he may kill if he swerved to avoid him or at least the driver would have had to live with the thought that he killed him.

I'm sorry but I think any sympathy I had has just blown out of the window.

I know of a former Train Driver whos life was totally fooked up by a guy who thought it would be a good idea to kill himself by walking out in front of the train he was driving.
Carlise said 'I jumped in front of lorry because I wanted to die' and what I've seen and read of this episode he couldn't give a excrement about the effect on the wagon driver.
It may sound harsh but he comes across as 'look at poor poor me' IMO

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 5, 2015, 9:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Carlisle was sectioned - from xmas day until 3 days ago

No he wasn't!!

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
grimsby pete
February 6, 2015, 11:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from friskneymariner
My question exactly for which Pete gave me a negative reputation????

Sorry mate , I don't know how I did that ,

I have give you a plus one now ,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
ginnywings
February 6, 2015, 11:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle

No he wasn't!!

Sectioning is often misunderstood. The Mental Health act has many "sections" and one can be held under sections 2 to 5 ,depending on the circumstances of your case. When it was established that he had tried to take his own life in the way that he did, i'd be surprised if he wasn't detained on one of them given the danger he was in to himself and others.

Truth is, we don't know and that is exactly how it should be. There is this misconception among some that sectioning is akin to being carted off in a straight jacket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 6, 2015, 12:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from ginnywings

Sectioning is often misunderstood. The Mental Health act has many "sections" and one can be held under sections 2 to 5 ,depending on the circumstances of your case. When it was established that he had tried to take his own life in the way that he did, i'd be surprised if he wasn't detained on one of them given the danger he was in to himself and others.

Truth is, we don't know and that is exactly how it should be. There is this misconception among some that sectioning is akin to being carted off in a straight jacket.

I understand sectioning. Carlisle was in a coma until very recently and has received as he should psychiatric help which I'm sure will continue and hopefully he will fully engage with to recover fully, but he was never sectioned . I add that I really hope he fully recovers and gets his life back on track, I am only critical of the method used and the fact he engaged a third party in it, where that lorry taking avoiding action could have involved other road users and kill innocents. I take it that he didn't step in front of the lorry as soon as it was close to him because there was no way he could have survived. I can only guess the driver took some sort of avoiding action to mitigate his injuries so must have seen him on the carriageway a good way off. my thoughts are also with him and hope he has not been over affected as well.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
friskneymariner
February 6, 2015, 3:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from grimsby pete

Sorry mate , I don't know how I did that ,

I have give you a plus one now ,

Thank you Pete appreciate that normally water off ducks back but coming from you I thought what have I done to deserve that,best wishes.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clarke Carlise

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.