horsforthmariner
February 5, 2015, 5:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle

Really? Not capable of decision making. Even with mental health issues you certainly have a decision making process ability. He doesn't have severe learning difficulties. If lee Hughes had been depressed at the time of his incident and he may or may not have been, would that have been enough for the court to have let him off. Carlisle had allegedly been drink driving recently before this incident. On that basis he could have been drinking before this one. That would have affected his decision making. I have a lot of sympathy for depression and have experienced it over the years in  people I have known. I can assure you that I have never met anyone who could not have made a rational decision not to involve other vehicles on the road.

I'm sorry you are just wrong about this. Mental health illnesses severely limit your ability to make informed decisions. That's why we section people - because they are unable to make rational and reasonable consequences. Which is what happened to Carlise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
BeijingMariner
February 5, 2015, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,674
Gold Stars: 40

Really? Not capable of decision making. Even with mental health issues you certainly have a decision making process ability. He doesn't have severe learning difficulties. If lee Hughes had been depressed at the time of his incident and he may or may not have been, would that have been enough for the court to have let him off. Carlisle had allegedly been drink driving recently before this incident. On that basis he could have been drinking before this one. That would have affected his decision making. I have a lot of sympathy for depression and have experienced it over the years in  people I have known. I can assure you that I have never met anyone who could not have made a rational decision not to involve other vehicles on the road.

what are your credentials for making statements about mental health Alan Poulton's Tackle? Seriously, how in command of the facts, actual facts are you? Or do facts cloud your judgement? Maybe you just prefer to make statements based on instinct and blind prejudice?
http://youtu.be/4n-UGQcG3Jw
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
arryarryarry
February 5, 2015, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BeijingMariner

what are your credentials for making statements about mental health Alan Poulton's Tackle? Seriously, how in command of the facts, actual facts are you? Or do facts cloud your judgement? Maybe you just prefer to make statements based on instinct and blind prejudice?

Erm you could say the same to anyone posting a comment on here even those who have suffered either previously or are suffering now, no one knows the exact facts about Mr Carlisle's situation.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Marinerz93
February 5, 2015, 5:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I have sympathy for his depression but it is a very selfish thing to involve vehicles on a road. I recall a driver doing the same thing on the M180 a few years ago and ploughing into a family devastating them killing the dad and leaving at least one child with life changing injuries. If you are to attempt your life there are many ways that don't involve the lives of others. Hope he gets the help but not impressed in any way with his actions.

Fully agree, I was chatting to a customer who sons friend is the train driver who killed someone on the tracks a couple of weeks back.  She said it has had a terrible effect on the train driver and he may never be able to drive a train again.

If you are going to opt out of life, leave innocents out of your plans.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 5, 2015, 5:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from BeijingMariner

Probably the same or similar to other people that have posted on here and seem informed on every issue known to man. What has happened is people have taken an admittance of depression being justification for an instance of dangerous driving. There will be factors surrounding this that if they ever come out may show it is not as simple as that. I would suggest that there are no experts of depression on here but if there are I would welcome them to come on here and shoot me down.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 5, 2015, 5:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from horsforthmariner

I'm sorry you are just wrong about this. Mental health illnesses severely limit your ability to make informed decisions. That's why we section people - because they are unable to make rational and reasonable consequences. Which is what happened to Carlise

Not many people are sectioned with depression. You are mixing it up with Personality disorders or Psychosis. If Carlisle is claiming these types of mental health issues I will understand his actions more.But he isn't

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
louth_in_the_south
February 5, 2015, 5:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,549
Gold Stars: 94
He's been suffering from alcoholism and depression problems for years . I think his first public bout was when he was playing for Watford so that was a good while back now . Drinking and depression probably made worse by a concoction of happy pills have obviously fooked his head good and proper . I fully agree though that he shouldn't have involved an innocent truck driver who could've faced prosecution and a lifetime of blame for someone else's selfish action . Let's face it it's easy enough to commit suicide if u really want to . The east coast mainline would pretty much guarantee that .
Shame of it is he actually always came over well on tv and looked like he had got over his problems .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
horsforthmariner
February 5, 2015, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8

Not many people are sectioned with depression. You are mixing it up with Personality disorders or Psychosis. If Carlisle is claiming these types of mental health issues I will understand his actions more.But he isn't

Carlisle was sectioned - from xmas day until 3 days ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
Wrawby_Mariner
February 5, 2015, 5:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
What a sad and sorry situation for everyone involved. The only winner in this is the tabloids That said, its about time mens mental health should no longer be regarded as a taboo subject.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 28 - 37
nightrider
February 5, 2015, 6:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I'm sure he has plenty of support from his family and friends, lets hope he gets better.
I've never taken to the man and surprised he's done so well. I don't know how he got the job on the telly
I remember watching a programme that he appeared in (I think it was one on retired footballers)
I'm sure he talked about the fact he wouldn't be prepared to share a changing room with a team mate if he knew he was gay.
Next thing he's the PFA chairman and fronting the kick racism out of football committee. There were far far better candidates.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clarke Carlise

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.