TownSNAFU5
January 31, 2015, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Gold Stars: 42
Just back.

Disappointed that we did not have any shots at goal today.

Left York earlier than usual at 1105 hrs.  This was after checking different weather forecasts and the Fishy.  No indication then of a possible postponement.  

I did not listen to RH on the way as the Hull game was on.  Only switched on later and listened when Hull were getting thrashed.

Was amazed that RH said the game was off.  Certainly with our pitch.  Had seen very little rain in or around Grimsby. I was sat in the car at Ramsden's car park at the time (1415 hrs) when I heard the news.  

Had dressed for artic conditions, which was not good for now spending the afternoon in the hot Freshney Centre with the wife.

We had excellent giant haddocks at the Ocean Fish Bar before travelling home.  

The only thing that really matters is that we beat Telford in the rearranged game.          
Logged Offline
Private Message
gary_elton
January 31, 2015, 8:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Bought tickets from the club at 10.15 this morning.. departed Ashby de la Zouch ( Leics ) at 1115... never listen
to RH... arrived at 1300 to walk into an empty Imp.... oh dear.... however I must say that the staff in the ticket office
were very apologetic (wasn't their fault ) and helpful... probably wont make the new date as it will be mid week....

buggerit !!!!   Still... it was a nice 220 mile round trip and I so like driving....  sigh.... UTFM !!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
chaos33
January 31, 2015, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Bristol Rovers only drew. I have over inflated the significance of that in my own mind to try to satisfy my unfulfilled football fix today, and concluded that the title race is now wide open again.

Tough game on Tuesday but 3 points a must against opponents who couldn't beat sh1tkickers Lincoln City on a playable pitch only a few miles away today.

Right......another beer  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 31, 2015, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Was lost from 2:15 onwards...................it's strange not knowing what to do on a Saturday afternoon without the velvet tones of john Tondeur. So, what else was there to do but agree to go to waitrose with the mrs (she was shocked) so we had a quick shop loading up with wine so "I could make kick off on the radio" (yes......sneaky). I made kick off and am enjoying the wine   don't tell!!!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
BIGChris
January 31, 2015, 8:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from chaos33
Bristol Rovers only drew. I have over inflated the significance of that in my own mind to try to satisfy my unfulfilled football fix today, and concluded that the title race is now wide open again.

Tough game on Tuesday but 3 points a must against opponents who couldn't beat sh1tkickers Lincoln City on a playable pitch only a few miles away today.

Right......another beer  

Their major January signing Jermaine Easter was taken off injured and the comments on their message boards suggest they have little back up.

I think that Barnet and Brizzle fans think the league is between them. Be good to give them a surprise
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
January 31, 2015, 8:27pm
Guest User
A win will put us second on Tuesday night. Mentally it will be huge to know that we are second and 6 points from Barnet going into Saturdays game and that will give us a big lift. The inform team and 3 of the top 5 to play in our next four games, it doesn't need pointing out how significant the next 4 are.
Reply: 5 - 14
cmackenzie4
January 31, 2015, 8:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 1739
A win will put us second on Tuesday night. Mentally it will be huge to know that we are second and 6 points from Barnet going into Saturdays game and that will give us a big lift. The inform team and 3 of the top 5 to play in our next four games, it doesn't need pointing out how significant the next 4 are.

Exactly!  We can do this!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
bradzmilne
January 31, 2015, 8:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,381
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1739

At this stage of the season mentality is as important as ability. If the lads go to Barnet/Dover/FGR thinking they can win, with faith in their own ability as a team. I have absolutely no concerns we can't accumulate a good tally of points from the next few weeks.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
chaos33
January 31, 2015, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from BIGChris

Their major January signing Jermaine Easter was taken off injured and the comments on their message boards suggest they have little back.

I think that Barnet and Brizzle fans think the league is between them. Be good to give them a surprise

Wouldn't it just!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
January 31, 2015, 8:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris

Their major January signing Jermaine Easter was taken off injured and the comments on their message boards suggest they have little back.

Pressure certainly on Barnet as they have been in this position for so long now and have had a tasty cushion to protect them. Around now will really test Barnet to see if the players can stay motivated to stay at the top as in there eyes they will be thinking what else can we do to make ourselves better. Martin Allen is certainly not a manager I would be wanting when the pressure is on me. Imagine that changing room if the gap between us and Barnet started to decrease to 3 points and this team of players will  smell blood. We are motivated as a club as we want that feeling of being top in which Barnet have had for so long in which they are probably been used to.
Reply: 9 - 14
bobbyturtle
January 31, 2015, 9:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
come on town

not had a chance to properly vocalise my emotions today lol

utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
ginnywings
January 31, 2015, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
If only we'd taken our customary 4/6 points off Lincoln, things would be hotting nicely.............................sigh!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
BIGChris
January 31, 2015, 9:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from ginnywings
If only we'd taken our customary 4/6 points off Lincoln, things would be hotting nicely.............................sigh!

We have taken those points in previous seasons and ended up falling short. Maybe, just maybe......
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
LH
January 31, 2015, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
Maybe if the Barnet and Rovers fans don't know we're here we should turn up in our thousands to the games in a couple of weeks? I did set a points target for us to reach before I'd consider going to Barnet but I'm thinking I'll probably just end up going anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
gary_elton
February 1, 2015, 9:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
" IF " Towns form continues... I see a thousand turning up at Barnet...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.