Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game off !!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 322 Guests

Game off !!

This thread currently has 8,647 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 2, 2015, 2:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Remember a Tuesday night game at Hartlepool that would've been better played in a swamp!
Futcher nearly scored from the halfway line but the ball got stuck in the paddling pool in the goalmouth

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
cleethorpes_mariner
February 2, 2015, 3:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
it's better than half way through a match and the floodlights failing...unless it's foggy and you're losing

I was at both of them as well. Must be me

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
Fcukthescunts
February 2, 2015, 3:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Remember going Rochdale and getting abandoned at half time due to waterlogged pitch. Next time I went turned up at Rochdale only for game to have been called off. I vowed never to go to Rochdale to watch Town again! After a few seasons down here I would actually love to go watch Town at Rochdale again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
barralad
February 2, 2015, 3:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I went down to both Millwall away in the Cup (where we won the re-arranged tie 6-1) and Bristol City in the league about the same sort of time (81?? ) where both games were called off last minute yet local to the professional football clubs' grounds, everyone else managed a game when ours were off

You do sometimes wonder what the criteria are for games being allowed to proceed and others being called off but we have to deal with it...the adjudicators decision is final and all that  

Sometimes it happens...I think with us on Saturday it was just the frustration of not being able to play the game when we are on a bit of a roll and there was some long overdue positivity starting to develop

Remember the Bristol game. We'd just pulled into the car park at 1:30 as they called the game off. It was played the following Tuesday in conditions at least as bad...thought we'd had it rough until we met some Blades fans in the service station on the M5 who'd got to within 30 miles of Plymouth before their game was called off!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
Grimal
February 2, 2015, 5:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Teesknees

Yes I agree we must have someone to fcking blame musn't we! Alot of people on this site sit on their ars es at home critizing anything and everything... they need to
fooking get out more!

It's so easy to critize other people from afar when they've no real idea what's involved and how much effort and dedication goes into running a club ..."Oh why wasn;t it called off earlier, I could have stayed at home, had another wa nk and watched Jeremy Kyle if I'd known!" ....

It won't be long before people are putting in a claim for emotional distress when a match gets cancelled!

" I don't like Paul Hurst's interview techinque.. can I have my money back!"

This country's getting more like the USA everyday ffs!

Plastic sheeting for fck sake!

An while I'm at it that Bruce Springsteen bloke can fck off back to the USA!

I think he must have gone back to the USA, he hasn't been on for a while,   Oh wait !  it' could be because we havn't lost for a while.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
Theimperialcoroner
February 2, 2015, 5:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Remember a Tuesday night game at Hartlepool that would've been better played in a swamp!
Futcher nearly scored from the halfway line but the ball got stuck in the paddling pool in the goalmouth

Went to this game and my mate who was studying up in New a style at the time used the Telewag I'd brought for him as a hood. He didn't half look a twit on the train back with his face heavily streaked with newsprint.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
arryarryarry
February 2, 2015, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Remember going Rochdale and getting abandoned at half time due to waterlogged pitch. Next time I went turned up at Rochdale only for game to have been called off. I vowed never to go to Rochdale to watch Town again! After a few seasons down here I would actually love to go watch Town at Rochdale again!

I remember being there when it was called off at half-time, not sure if it was that game or the re-arranged game where there was a blizzard.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
Les Brechin
February 3, 2015, 7:25am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
I remember a Friday night game at Colchester years ago that was called off just as we were parking up. I think we won the game 1-0 when it was finally played with Big Keef getting the goal.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
thevera
February 3, 2015, 8:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
In the seventies Peter Sheffield decided they were not going to run any coaches to Town matches after damage to their coaches.
I know the guy who decided he would get round this by hiring them from Scunthorpe. He realised that they always sent a 53 seater no matter what size coach was ordered. So he used to give the fans a price which was based on a 29 seater and tell them to turn up at  Brighowgate.
On one occasion going to Crewe if I remember right over 60 people turned up and the driver was happy to let them on and sit 3 to a seat.
The journey was horrendous going through heavy snow and we had no idea whether the game was still on. We got there just before kick off to be told game off lads. We turned back through the snow again back home, I do know though the guy who run it made a hefty profit for his efforts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
Bruce Springsteen
February 3, 2015, 5:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Colchester United on a Friday Night......called off about an hour before KO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game off !!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.