Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game off !!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

Game off !!

This thread currently has 8,645 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Teesknees
February 1, 2015, 8:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from MarinerWY

No, don't come on here giving reasons, especially not backing them up with evidence! It's most definitely the fault of someone, be it Hurst, Fenty, the conference, the ref, or the groundsman... despite this being the first match we've had called off dus to a waterlogged BP since February 2012, it's most definitely a cause for hyperbole... it just cannot have a genuine explanation, there must be more to it!

Yes I agree we must have someone to fcking blame musn't we! Alot of people on this site sit on their ars es at home critizing anything and everything... they need to
fooking get out more!

It's so easy to critize other people from afar when they've no real idea what's involved and how much effort and dedication goes into running a club ..."Oh why wasn;t it called off earlier, I could have stayed at home, had another wa nk and watched Jeremy Kyle if I'd known!" ....

It won't be long before people are putting in a claim for emotional distress when a match gets cancelled!

" I don't like Paul Hurst's interview techinque.. can I have my money back!"

This country's getting more like the USA everyday ffs!

Plastic sheeting for fck sake!

An while I'm at it that Bruce Springsteen bloke can fck off back to the USA!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Fcukthescunts
February 1, 2015, 9:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Teesknees get a bit if decaf down you and chill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
Teesknees
February 1, 2015, 11:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Teesknees get a bit if decaf down you and chill

I'm very calm and chilled, it's not worth getting stressed about, there's far more important things in my life to worry about!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2015, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Teesknees

Yes I agree we must have someone to fcking blame musn't we! Alot of people on this site sit on their ars es at home critizing anything and everything... they need to
fooking get out more!

It's so easy to critize other people from afar when they've no real idea what's involved and how much effort and dedication goes into running a club ..."Oh why wasn;t it called off earlier, I could have stayed at home, had another wa nk and watched Jeremy Kyle if I'd known!" ....

It won't be long before people are putting in a claim for emotional distress when a match gets cancelled!

" I don't like Paul Hurst's interview techinque.. can I have my money back!"

This country's getting more like the USA everyday ffs!

Plastic sheeting for fck sake!

An while I'm at it that Bruce Springsteen bloke can fck off back to the USA!

Or you just accept that people can comment how they like on a football forum about their favourite club?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
rancido
February 1, 2015, 12:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96

Or you just accept that people can comment how they like on a football forum about their favourite club?

Of course fans should comment on this or any forum but it's the criticism about things that they have no comprehension about that is annoying. It's easy to blame the club about the cancellation but if you have no comprehension about the full circumstances leading to that decision then surely any criticism is totally unjustified?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
Marinerz93
February 1, 2015, 2:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
No one is blaming the groundsman who over the years has done a fantastic job with the playing surface at BP.  

Over the decades there have been calls going to out to the fans to come and sweep snow off the pitch and help brush water off the pitch.  We have had worse deluges and snow fall and managed to get games on. It seems we haven't even tried to get this on and are happy with extra mid week games.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
mariner91
February 1, 2015, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,609
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Marinerz93
No one is blaming the groundsman who over the years has done a fantastic job with the playing surface at BP.  

Over the decades there have been calls going to out to the fans to come and sweep snow off the pitch and help brush water off the pitch.  We have had worse deluges and snow fall and managed to get games on. It seems we haven't even tried to get this on and are happy with extra mid week games.

Other than the game against Dover it will be our only mid week game, hardly the end of the world and not worth potentially ruining the playing surface if considered unplayable in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
oldun
February 1, 2015, 2:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Just unfortunate circumstances and timing. The ground would be a bit hard after frost and this would effect how quickly water could get away. Quite a lot of snow fell in a short time and melted almost straight away leaving lots of standing water, also more rain was forecast.  Nobody's fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
grimsby pete
February 1, 2015, 2:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Why doesn't Fenty just put a roof on the ground,

Then we will have no problems.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
barralad
February 1, 2015, 10:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Marinerz93

For once nature triumphed. I'm not sure how we would have mobilised the army required to get water off the pitch (presumably all equipped with drinking straws). All those people walking on the pitch would have done more harm than good. A stupid amount of water one way or another came down on Saturday morning. Sweeping snow off is a different proposition entirely to getting rid of water. I remember some years ago going to Chester in August where the game was called off for waterlogging

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game off !!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.