4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
January 31, 2015, 9:15am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Yes it was Palmer who wanted the recall clause removed as much as Town. Unlike some loanees he wants to focus on his new team for the rest of the season and not looking at it as playing a couple of games and shooting straight back to his parent club.

I thought he came across well in his interview- wants to do well for himself obviously  but wants to do well for Grimsby and help us get promoted.

Likes the players and has been blown away by the support of the fans. Now obviously things have started well....Town are winning...he has scored a couple of goals already. After spending much on the season warming the bench at Mansfield he is clearly enjoying playing and playing in a winning team makes that even better.

I am glad he is staying. He and the 2 new signings have added a buzz to the place and i for one had resigned myself to another play-off failure at the very best. Now I have renewed hope we can finish the season strongly and even if we do miss out on automatic promotion at least go into the play offs with some momentum, confidence  and belief unlike last time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
ginnywings
January 31, 2015, 10:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I think Palmers interview was a job interview. He is looking to next season and a contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
Rick12
January 31, 2015, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Les Brechin

They can't recall him!
Pleased about that.Liked the look of him when I saw him for the first time on Bt Sport against Barnet

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
promotion plaice
January 31, 2015, 10:25am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
The carrot of a possible Wembley appearance might have had something to do with it.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
Rick12
January 31, 2015, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Possibly but still impressed by him albeit only one game.If he can be consistent and put in a shift like that every game he will be a really good signing for us.Though if I was the manager I hold out for a bit and see how he does over a longer period.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
BottesfordMariner
January 31, 2015, 10:53am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I suppose we have had one or two loanees who have looked good initially then (after we signed them permanently) fell away.

But i like his workrate, i think he has a pretty good first touch, shows some awareness of whats going on around him and so far has shown he knows where the goal is. All this when he must have been a bit rusty and probably not fully match fit. If he gets a run in the team there may be more to come from him.

I will certainly be cheering for him and the rest of the lads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
Les Brechin
January 31, 2015, 10:56am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from promotion plaice
The carrot of a possible Wembley appearance might have had something to do with it.

I'm sure he'll be striving as hard as he can so that doesn't happen.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
grimsby pete
January 31, 2015, 11:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
I think Palmers interview was a job interview. He is looking to next season and a contract.

Well if he helps us get promotion he can have one,

When we are back in the league ,I hope that is the end of the one year deals for senior players.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
bradzmilne
January 31, 2015, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,382
Gold Stars: 29
Funnily enough I do have a concern with Palmer, admittedly it is a very much "half glass empty" sort of comment but if he is as good and consistent as he's looked in a town shirt... Why on earth can't he get a struggling, relegation threatened Mansfield team?

Obviously there can be many other factors other than ability why a player can't get into a team but this was just my initial reaction to the situation. I bloody hope I'm wrong though!! UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
The Yard Dog
January 31, 2015, 8:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
He is more likely to score for us as he is prepared to shoot from anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My concerns about Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.