This thread currently has 3,939 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
devon mariner
January 29, 2015, 11:37am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
I agree with diehardmariner about not changing a winning team, unless someone has a knock or is not well.  As for Jolley not being match fit we have to let him start and change him later in the game when he is blowing a bit.  Hopefully by 60 mins we will be 2 or 3 goals to the good and then PH can use some of the squad players like Neilson, Mackreth, Mcloughlin

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
January 29, 2015, 11:55am
Guest User
Think there's a good case for giving Disley a rest and Paddy a game.

Personally, I'd rest the Shop too - and play Ollie, Arnold & Jolley up front in a 4-3-3.

Don't know what's happening with Nielson...??
Reply: 21 - 24
Tinymariner
January 29, 2015, 11:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I wouldn't change a thing unless required through illness, injury or niggle.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Garth
January 29, 2015, 12:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Tommy

Agreed. I'd make sure Hannah and Paddy get on for a decent amount of time. They've both scored in the last 10 days and a good 25/30mins would be suitable recognition/reward and a chance for them to stake more of a claim to be involved regularly.

Would hopefully help them maintain a bit of motivation rather than thinking "well I came on and scored last week and haven't got on the pitch for 4 weeks since". Think PH could learn a bit about psychology / man-management like that, and maybe he is as he's still a relatively inexperienced manager.

Oh I don`t know, usually outwits us regarding his signings
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Les Brechin
January 29, 2015, 1:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Just in case he was in any doubt, wouldn't it be great to hear BP in full voice on Saturday.

"We want you to stay,
We want you to staaaaay,
Ollie Palmer,
We want you to stay"

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.