2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
January 26, 2015, 9:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Telegraph has more offers for Saturday including £5 in the Pontoon for 15-18 year olds!!

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Hat-trick-deals-Mariners-fans/story-25923175-detail/story.html?
Private Message
diehardmariner
January 26, 2015, 9:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Good on the club for trying to improve the gates.

But again this brings up the argument of where is the benefit of getting a season ticket?   Year on year the club overlook the 2,000 or so fans who provide the lifeblood throughout the summer months.  

Perhaps it was just badly worded but the Barnet offer of £20 for 2 Adults + 2 Tickets was 'also available to season ticket holders'.  Offering someone who already has a ticket the option of buying another ticket is hardly a reward is it?  

I asked the club if considering I had a season ticket already and at the workings giving by the club (my ticket works out about £13 a game) could I purchase an additional adult ticket and 2 child  tickets for the shortfall of £20 (about £7), therefore I would have two adult tickets and two child tickets for £20.  I asked once, twice, three times but the club didn't bother getting back to me.

Yes we can't just sit there and accept our fanbase is what it is, I fully applaud the club for trying to bring more fans in and generally I just take the offers with a pinch of salt.  I know people who have gone through the season taking advantage of all the offers and it's ended up cheaper than a season ticket - but I still buy my ticket every summer, that's my choice and I stand by it.

The club do, however, need to stop treating  the season ticket holders like a  guaranteed year-on-year income though.  

The club needs the season ticket holders to provide that cash injection just like they need the game-to-game income and new fans.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
grimsby pete
January 26, 2015, 11:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Add 2 new  signings and it should  be a good gate,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
GiveUsAG
January 26, 2015, 1:09pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
I'll what I said before about the family ticket; It's a great idea, and would one day like to see a family season ticket offer. I don't have a family, yet (maybe one day? Maybe lol), but still think it's a great idea.

I like the idea of the offers, anything to encourage more fans to attend.

Though I'd still prefer to get a season ticket (because that secures the seat I want for the whole season), I do think season ticket holders miss out a bit, when the offers are on. Maybe a slight reduction in price, better offers for season tickets and free programs on match days would encourage fans to carry on buying season tickets?

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
gtfc98
January 26, 2015, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from diehardmariner
Good on the club for trying to improve the gates.

But again this brings up the argument of where is the benefit of getting a season ticket?   Year on year the club overlook the 2,000 or so fans who provide the lifeblood throughout the summer months.  

Perhaps it was just badly worded but the Barnet offer of £20 for 2 Adults + 2 Tickets was 'also available to season ticket holders'.  Offering someone who already has a ticket the option of buying another ticket is hardly a reward is it?  

I asked the club if considering I had a season ticket already and at the workings giving by the club (my ticket works out about £13 a game) could I purchase an additional adult ticket and 2 child  tickets for the shortfall of £20 (about £7), therefore I would have two adult tickets and two child tickets for £20.  I asked once, twice, three times but the club didn't bother getting back to me.

Yes we can't just sit there and accept our fanbase is what it is, I fully applaud the club for trying to bring more fans in and generally I just take the offers with a pinch of salt.  I know people who have gone through the season taking advantage of all the offers and it's ended up cheaper than a season ticket - but I still buy my ticket every summer, that's my choice and I stand by it.

The club do, however, need to stop treating  the season ticket holders like a  guaranteed year-on-year income though.  

The club needs the season ticket holders to provide that cash injection just like they need the game-to-game income and new fans.

I don't buy a season ticket to save money, I know as soon as I miss a couple of games I've lost out financially. I do it to save the hassle of booking a ticket each week, to make sure I can sit where I want with who I want and to help the club out with cash flow in the summer.

Stop whining about offers they are putting on to get more people through the gates, it happens at every club not just ours.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Fcukthescunts
January 26, 2015, 1:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
How about season ticket holders get a extra reduction when renewing based on offers they have missed out on. The club have funds at start of year, season ticket holder doesn't miss out and more chance of renewals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
MarinerWY
January 26, 2015, 2:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,940
Gold Stars: 45
Cheaper season tickets...? Don't have the time to look into it right now, but conversations with some Championship-side supporters have led me to believe ours are quite dear for fifth tier...
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
BIGChris
January 26, 2015, 2:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from MarinerWY
Cheaper season tickets...? Don't have the time to look into it right now, but conversations with some Championship-side supporters have led me to believe ours are quite dear for fifth tier...

Championship clubs receive £2.3m from TV deal and conference club are lucky if they get £5k
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
MarinerWY
January 26, 2015, 2:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,940
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from BIGChris

Championship clubs receive £2.3m from TV deal and conference club are lucky if they get £5k

Fair enough. But at what point would reducing season tickets inprice mean loads more buying them? I'm sure the maths has been done in the club but I'd like to know... wasn't there a club (Preston maybe?) that put the season tickets down to a phenomenally low price and they sold shitloads?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Fcukthescunts
January 26, 2015, 2:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Bradford I think was the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
BIGChris
January 26, 2015, 3:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Bradford I think was the team

and nearly went into administration as a result. Sold loads, had little matchday income because very few on the day tickets were sold and those that bought them(season tickets) didnt bother going much becuase they performed poorly on the pitch.

IF it was something that worked wouldnt every club be doing it to increase income and atmosphere?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
gary_elton
January 26, 2015, 3:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Port Vale did something similar a few years ago... only did it once... think it came back to bite them on the bum

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
diehardmariner
January 27, 2015, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

I don't buy a season ticket to save money, I know as soon as I miss a couple of games I've lost out financially. I do it to save the hassle of booking a ticket each week, to make sure I can sit where I want with who I want and to help the club out with cash flow in the summer.

Stop whining about offers they are putting on to get more people through the gates, it happens at every club not just ours.

I suggest you read the post again, it most definitely wasn't a whine.

Had you bothered to read it you would have noticed I congratulated the club on making the efforts to get extra people through the gate.  

I also stated I was happy to buy my season ticket in the summer, regardless of the fact it's financially of no benefit.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
zorro_is_a_Mariner
January 27, 2015, 9:46am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Am a season ticket holder and it doesn't bother me when they do offers for other fans that cannot always afford a season ticket. I'd rather they be offers for fans and bring more atmosphere and people through the gate than the club not bothering at all.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
diehardmariner
January 27, 2015, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
That's great, Zorro.  Not all fans will feel the same though.

I'm a fool and will continue to buy my season ticket year-on-year.

I'm 100% behind the club looking to boost gates and get new fans in, especially making it more affordable for fans.

In any business, better offers are offered to 'new' customers.  That's fine. I don't begrudge new fans that, not one bit.  We all take advantage of the sign up and get 30 days free/your phone bill at half-price for the first 12 months, type offers.    The best businesses don't ignore their existing customers though, they continue to offer them incentives to stay.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
biggles9999
January 27, 2015, 11:31am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
It costs 5 times as much to generate new customers as it does to keep the ones youve got.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More offers for Telford game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.