Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, dapperz fun pub and 208 Guests

General Election Predictions

This thread currently has 30,383 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2015, 10:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fishheadphil
Tories and ukip for me, labour no longer represents the working class indigenous people of Britain, and anyone who questions left wing ideology is racist apparently ! Ed miliband is a communist nincompoop traitor as is ed balls up and the female dog Harman. :🎻

Really? Some would say his problem is not being left wing at all.  As for the traitor claim. How exactly?

As for Labour no longer representing the working class - possibly true, but if that is your beef going to the people who never have and never will represent the working class is not exactly a bright move is it? What next, "My bike is broken so I'll take my saucepan to work."

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 219
barralad
April 15, 2015, 11:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
[quote=120785]

Really? Some would say his problem is not being left wing at all.  As for the traitor claim. How exactly?

As for Labour no longer representing the working class - possibly true, but if that is your beef going to the people who never have and never will represent the working class is not exactly a bright move is it? What next, "My bike is broken so I'll take my saucepan to work."[/quote]

Without doubt the best line I've read this election campaign!! I've even set up my ticks/crosses facility to give you a great big green tick....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 219
grimsby pete
April 16, 2015, 6:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Your vote is simple really,

If you are a business person you vote Conservative,

If you are the average working Man you vote Labour,

If you are a bit between the two you vote Liberal,

If you are fed up with the above 3 you vote UKIP.

Simple  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 219
FishOutOfWater
April 17, 2015, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

As for Labour no longer representing the working class - possibly true, but if that is your beef going to the people who never have and never will represent the working class is not exactly a bright move is it? What next, "My bike is broken so I'll take my saucepan to work."

Love that turn of phrase KM....absolutely brilliant  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 219
jock dock tower
April 17, 2015, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from grimsby pete
Your vote is simple really,

If you are a business person you vote Conservative,

If you are the average working Man you vote Labour,

If you are a bit between the two you vote Liberal,

If you are fed up with the above 3 you vote UKIP.

Simple  

Don't forget us north of the border Peter! I'd also suggest you don't forget wimmin either

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 219
MarinerWY
April 17, 2015, 5:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I predict a hung parliament, resulting in a minority Labour government getting legislation voted through on a vote-by-vote basis by the SNP (predominantly), Plaid Cymru, SDLP and last but not least the 1 Green MP which is all they will realistically get.

I would probably prefer a formal coalition between the aforementioned parties, but as long as the Tories are shut out of it and the other parties bring Labour further to the left I am OK with Labour running a minority government. I don't want Tory-lite, I want a real alternative and I think they are starting to get there, I think the others could help them massively along their way.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 219
KingstonMariner
April 18, 2015, 12:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad
[quote=120785]

As for Labour no longer representing the working class - possibly true, but if that is your beef going to the people who never have and never will represent the working class is not exactly a bright move is it? What next, "My bike is broken so I'll take my saucepan to work."[/quote]

Without doubt the best line I've read this election campaign!! I've even set up my ticks/crosses facility to give you a great big green tick....

I thank you!

Can be used or any other pointless or illogical actions or policies. Like saying "we will keep those on the minimum wage out of tax, providing they work no more than 30 hours a week."

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 219
AdamHaddock
April 19, 2015, 12:04pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Just seen that Labour are 6/4 to pinch Clegg's Sheffield Hallam seat (a considerable student population). Would be hilarious if that happened.

Just want to say I'm baffled that UKIP are attracting so much support in Grimsby. I remember working in some of the factories (Headland, Coldwater and a couple on the docks) around 2004 / 2005 when the mini wave of Eastern European immigration happened. Nothing like the numbers people would have you believe and they made up a small fraction of the workforce. A lot of the unemployment back home is as a result of the loss of a lot of manufacturing in the area around the time of the financial crash (and slightly earlier when the owners of some factories realised they could pay less if they moved their operations to other countries) - and the knock on effect of people not having money to spend in the wider economy e.g. pubs, restaurants etc. So I read through some comments on GET articles on facebook where quite a few people genuinely have it in their head that foreigners have caused Grimsby's problems and the answer is to vote for a bunch of conceited Thatcherites, and wonder what dippy planet I'm living on.

And I say that as someone who was briefly a member of UKIP back in the Kilroy era before life experience made me realise my political perceptions were totally the opposite of reality

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 219
barralad
April 19, 2015, 5:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Well it's probably no secret that I'm a Labour supporter. Victoria Ayling is turning into a liability for UKIP. Her public performances are weak-not even her own supporters clapped her at the hustings meeting on Friday. Her performance on the Sunday Politics Show today was extremely unengaging. Therein lies UKIPs problem. Very few of their candidates match up to Nigel Farage's interpersonal skills and would be voters are being put off in droves...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 219
Manchester Mariner
April 19, 2015, 8:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from barralad
Well it's probably no secret that I'm a Labour supporter. Victoria Ayling is turning into a liability for UKIP. Her public performances are weak-not even her own supporters clapped her at the hustings meeting on Friday. Her performance on the Sunday Politics Show today was extremely unengaging. Therein lies UKIPs problem. Very few of their candidates match up to Nigel Farage's interpersonal skills and would be voters are being put off in droves...

I've just watched the Sunday Politics programme on the iplayer. Surely Victoria Ayling can't be a real person.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 219
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.