Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 428 Guests

General Election Predictions

This thread currently has 30,219 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
poomehellt
May 8, 2015, 5:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
In my view, the SNP's independence for Scotland is very anti-English, which means I'm pleased they didn't get to form a coalition with Labour with their prat of a leader Miliband.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 219
Maringer
May 8, 2015, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from grimsby pete
One good thing about the result,

At least the SNP will not be blackmailing a coalition for their support.

Pete, you've fallen hook, line and sinker for that particular Tory attack line.

How could the SNP have blackmailed Miliband into coalition when he promised beforehand that he wouldn't go into coalition with them? You're also ignoring the fact that 50-odd MPs cannot blackmail a parliament of 650 MPs. The SNP could never vote against a Labour Queen's Speech/budget/whatever because in doing so, they would fundamentally be backing the Tories and they would never, ever do that (not since 1979, anyway). Not to mention that most of the SNP policies (other than their wish for independence) weren't really that far away from those of Labour. A bit more to the left, but not by a huge amount.

It's all irrelevant now in any case as Labour lost too many of their votes to other parties such as the Greens and UKIP, but the Conservative and media scaremongering about the SNP was always a con job designed to cost Labour votes despite the lack of any real threat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 219
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2015, 5:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well we've got 5 years but it's an uphill struggle. So better start the fight back sooner rather than later.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 219
Rodley Mariner
May 8, 2015, 5:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
It is so depressing how many people seemed to have gone for the negative Tory bullshit about the evil of the SNP and what a Lab-SNP coalition would have meant. Considering Cameron seemed desperate to keep the Union together eight months ago he's done a huge amount to ensure it has no long-term future. The Scottish don't hate the English. They hate the smug, entitled, sneering, condescending English. Who can blame them when the British PM has used them as a political make-weight?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 219
Manchester Mariner
May 8, 2015, 6:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Wonder who the new deputy PM is going to be? Step forward Boris Johnson.

Bleak.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 219
Rodley Mariner
May 8, 2015, 6:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Wonder who the new deputy PM is going to be? Step forward Boris Johnson.

Bleak.

Don't worry about the nastiness, just swallow it whole with a big glass of buffoonery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 219
fishheadphil
May 8, 2015, 7:05pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Quoted from Hagrid

touched a nerve have I? no need to be so aggressive towards me for having a political view

No not at all, I'm a proud Englishman but to the loony left labour racists this makes me a raging racist? So I'm glad they've been turned over big time, I doubt we will see a labour government for at least 15 - 20 years. When people who have been democratically elected are getting surrounded by the fascist left like farage
and his children did then some things wrong with British people I think? The left seem to think anyone who has a different view to their warped Marxist ideology is somehow a paid up member of the waffen ss !   So yeah the left is finished now so good riddance. The icing on the cake was seeing the traitor Galloway getting it.....priceless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 219
jock dock tower
May 8, 2015, 7:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I genuinely feel for folk who for one reason or another can not fend for themselves because the Tories will devour them, every bit as much as they did with their useful idiots the Liberal Democrats who enabled them to start the whole process in the first instance.

That apart, I'm over the moon with the result up here. I'm also thinking how it might have panned out had the Labour Party denounced austerity as well? Milliband was, quite simply, a fool. Whenever Dave said "Jump" he said "How high?"

My only fear now is that the Labour Party look inwards and revert to Blairism, they certainly won't move to the left, albeit Scottish labour might be able to do so if they have the balls to ditch Murphy. If they don't they're history.

Watch the rabid Tory backbenchers now take their gloves off and demand that Cameron fights for an exit from the EU. With a thin majority it's the perfect storm for them to flex their muscles, and when the vote does reflect the nation's wishes we'll have then have the perfect opportunity to declare UDI up here

BTW, although I'm delighted with the Scottish result I still have the misfortune to be represented by the only Tory MP FFS.

Was down in Grimsby this week helping my niece who was standing for the Green party in the town. So glad she played a major part in keeping Ayling and UKIP out with her ability to ridicule her over renewables. Grimsby would have been a national laughing stock had Ayling got in.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 219
barralad
May 8, 2015, 7:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jock dock tower
I genuinely feel for folk who for one reason or another can not fend for themselves because the Tories will devour them, every bit as much as they did with their useful idiots the Liberal Democrats who enabled them to start the whole process in the first instance.

That apart, I'm over the moon with the result up here. I'm also thinking how it might have panned out had the Labour Party denounced austerity as well? Milliband was, quite simply, a fool. Whenever Dave said "Jump" he said "How high?"

My only fear now is that the Labour Party look inwards and revert to Blairism, they certainly won't move to the left, albeit Scottish labour might be able to do so if they have the balls to ditch Murphy. If they don't they're history.

Watch the rabid Tory backbenchers now take their gloves off and demand that Cameron fights for an exit from the EU. With a thin majority it's the perfect storm for them to flex their muscles, and when the vote does reflect the nation's wishes we'll have then have the perfect opportunity to declare UDI up here

BTW, although I'm delighted with the Scottish result I still have the misfortune to be represented by the only Tory MP FFS.

Was down in Grimsby this week helping my niece who was standing for the Green party in the town. So glad she played a major part in keeping Ayling and UKIP out with her ability to ridicule her over renewables. Grimsby would have been a national laughing stock had Ayling got in.

Hi John. Met Vicky at the count today.Instantly warmed to her. Hope she goes up the pecking order for her party.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 219
Maringer
May 8, 2015, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from fishheadphil

No not at all, I'm a proud Englishman but to the loony left labour racists this makes me a raging racist? So I'm glad they've been turned over big time, I doubt we will see a labour government for at least 15 - 20 years. When people who have been democratically elected are getting surrounded by the fascist left like farage
and his children did then some things wrong with British people I think? The left seem to think anyone who has a different view to their warped Marxist ideology is somehow a paid up member of the waffen ss !   So yeah the left is finished now so good riddance. The icing on the cake was seeing the traitor Galloway getting it.....priceless.

I don't think you know what Marxism actually is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 219
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.