Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 360 Guests

General Election Predictions

This thread currently has 30,380 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
April 27, 2015, 7:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from barralad

Try telling it to UKIPpers on the doorstep. All they appear to be worried about is the mass immigration that has affected Grimsby. One woman today described Ayling as "The Wicked Witch of the North" but still said she was voting for her...

I get the impression that UKIP could put up a raving alcoholic sex paedophile and UKIP supporters would still vote for them.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 219
psgmariner
April 28, 2015, 11:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I get the impression that UKIP could put up a raving alcoholic sex paedophile and UKIP supporters would still vote for them.

Nice.

Private Message
Reply: 141 - 219
psgmariner
April 28, 2015, 11:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Found this quite interesting:

Find out how powerful your vote is compared to the UK average
http://www.voterpower.org.uk/

Private Message
Reply: 142 - 219
poomehellt
April 28, 2015, 1:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
In a leaflet posted through my door today, UKIP's Victoria Ayling tells me that "As a local man, I know what a dreadful train service it can be"...I don't care if she's a woman or man, they could have proof read it! Still likely to vote for her/him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 219
Maringer
April 28, 2015, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Here's an interesting article from today which told me something I hadn't realised. I never liked Thatcher or agreed with pretty much anything she did or believed, but I never thought she was actively corrupt. It appears I was wrong:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-.....och-made-secret-deal

Collusion with Murdoch in the early 1980s to help him take over the Times and Sunday Times. I missed this news when it came out the other year after both Murdoch and Thatcher had spent 30 years denying any meeting took place. When you consider the attacks on Labour spewing forth from Murdoch's papers and media even in the present, it looks as though Thatcher didn't just help herself when selling out to this foreign billionaire. Her worthless heirs such as Cameron and Co are also benefiting, providing they remember to kiss Murdoch's ring. Metaphorically, one hopes.

intercourse, we need a serious change in this country. Unfortunately, even a Labour government wouldn't be able to do much in the current climate as the corrupt establishment is way too strong to deal with at the moment.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 219
grimsby pete
April 28, 2015, 5:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
How do you know when a politician is lying ?

His / her lips are moving .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 219
barralad
April 28, 2015, 10:01pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from poomehellt
In a leaflet posted through my door today, UKIP's Victoria Ayling tells me that "As a local man, I know what a dreadful train service it can be"...I don't care if she's a woman or man, they could have proof read it! Still likely to vote for her/him.

Victoria Ayling is definitely not "local" (unless you class living in a mansion in the south of the second biggest county in England local) nor probably a user of public transport.
Proof reading would have been a very good idea as the whole leaflet is riddled with mistakes.

I strongly suspect UKIP are on a damage limitation exercise with their candidate. The Economist came to Grimsby and UKIP wheeled out John Stockton to talk to them...

http://www.economist.com/news/.....ng-votes-tories-view

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 219
KingstonMariner
April 28, 2015, 11:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from psgmariner
Found this quite interesting:

Find out how powerful your vote is compared to the UK average
http://www.voterpower.org.uk/

Haven't examined the methodology but mine is only worth 0.144 of a vote!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 219
KingstonMariner
April 28, 2015, 11:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Try telling it to UKIPpers on the doorstep. All they appear to be worried about is the mass immigration that has affected Grimsby. One woman today described Ayling as "The Wicked Witch of the North" but still said she was voting for her...

I know what would put people off UKIP. Tell them that they're not really racist, but are secretly PC.  

I'm hoping that outside places like GY that UKIP's vote holds up - could do without any last minute swings to the Tories.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 219
KingstonMariner
April 28, 2015, 11:56pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Well, it is exactly what it seems. Another Conservative-organised bit of PR (with another free front-page advertisement provided by the Dreary Torygraph), which is utterly nonsensical in any case. Is it any surprise that they could find 5,000 small businesses run by Conservative Party supporters (you needed to be a member of the Conservative web site to read the original appeal from Brady) backing the Conservatives?

What about the other 99.9% of small business owners? Literally 99.9% - there are over 5 million small businesses in the UK. Utterly pointless.

The issue here is that the BBC aren't reporting it as PR fluff. This morning, for example, BBC Breakfast just reported it as if it was some kind of meaningful event with absolutely no commentary on it at all. Shockingly bad 'journalism' on show there and the BBC web site has barely noted that the whole thing has been organised by the Tories themselves.

Personally, I like Frankie Boyle's suggestion: "I'd like to see the Tories try to get 100 nurses to sign a letter".  

I've long been used to right wing bias in the press (and Murdoch TV) but it's only in last year or so I've realised how biased the BBC is.

The other day Miliband again ruled out any deal with the SNP. The BBC gave it about as much time as that statement takes to read out. It gave ages of coverage to the Labour policy on rent controls and non-dom taxes - mostly from interested parties (estate agents, accountants) saying why it would be a bad idea, as well as Tory MPs. Yet every day that any rentaquote Tory wants to pop up and say "Lab-SNP coalition will be bad for the country" they give him airtime and with no rebuttal from Labour.

BBC journos are getting as bad as Sun journos.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 219
22 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.