Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 409 Guests

General Election Predictions

This thread currently has 30,217 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
April 22, 2015, 8:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Makes you proud to live in the 5th wealthiest country on the planet:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/22/food-bank-users-uk-low-paid-workers-poverty

IDS is a cockwomble of the highest order.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 219
grimsby pete
April 22, 2015, 10:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
We are all in this together,

I wonder how many conservatives have to go to the food banks ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 219
Maringer
April 22, 2015, 10:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
We are all in this together,

I wonder how many conservatives have to go to the food banks ?

Very few, I'd imagine. I can't imagine that anybody forced to use a food bank would ever vote Tory unless they were deeply, deeply stupid.

I reckon that some of the loons wielding lots of influence in the Conservative Party at present would probably read [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal]A Modest Proposal[/url] as a serious policy document.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 219
Town Monkey
April 23, 2015, 1:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
Maringer, A Modest Proposal is nothing short of a road map to future prosperity!  

On a more serious note, for the first time ever I'm genuinely conflicted over which way to vote.  None of the parties really capture my core beliefs.  To illustrate my point, I'm in favour of: personal responsibility, equality of opportunity (irrespective of if you're called Tarquin or not), a smaller state sector focused on core services (but without being able to adequately define them), a genuine safety net for the most vulnerable in society, a more efficient NHS with the focus on doctors and nurses not administrators, lower taxation, thriving business environment, membership of the EU (albeit hopefully a reformed EU) and proper apprenticeships where young people can become masters of their craft.  Oh and sausage rolls, I love sausage rolls!

So, none of the parties actually represent me.  It's more than ever a case of choosing the least worst option.

Oh and for the avoidance of doubt, I don't have many ideas about how we can achieve most of the above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 219
Town Monkey
April 23, 2015, 1:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
Forgot my prediction, Labour minority government propped up by the other left leaning parties.  With the Tories supporting them to get through some of Labour's austerity measures.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 219
barralad
April 23, 2015, 4:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Nowt to do with the General election but I just encountered two patriots in Town dressed as crusaders for St. George's Day. One of them had an EDL footsoldiers flag. Is there a working Grimsby branch of the EDL?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 219
jock dock tower
April 23, 2015, 9:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Probably answers your question barralad. Looks little more than the workings of one guy with few supporters, they're probably all out on the stump for Ayling?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?s.....vm=bv.91427555,d.d2s

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 219
Fcukthescunts
April 23, 2015, 9:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Not my choice but think Tories will get in with Minority and what little Lib Dems left will support them in exchange for the odd meaningless policy. Had labour had a stronger leader think they would have easily got back in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 219
Maringer
April 24, 2015, 7:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Tories plus LibDems aren't likely to be enough to form a coalition. Whether the addition of the DUP and UKIP wingnuts will be enough to form a majority remains in doubt.

Unfortunately, it looks as though the dreadful dishonest and negative campaigning by the Tories is beginning to bear fruit as current polling seems to indicate they will now win the most seats. The propaganda assault by the right-wing dominated media is obviously working which isn't surprising when you consider they have been slinging scare-mongering headlines about Labour (mostly complete nonsense, of course) every day for months. A pity that the BBC just toes the line set by these newspapers rather than carrying out the duties for which it exists and actually reporting impartially. No surprise, really, when you consider that the head of BBC news is a former editor of The Times so has kissed the ring of Murdoch. Nick Robinson, political editor, was head of the Young Conservatives at one stage and Peston's reportage seems to be taken directly from whatever his friends in the City tell him. He even hinted that the UK might become like Greece in the event of another financial crisis the other day which is just utter nonsense!

It's pretty obvious that Cameron and Co will do and say anything to get back into power so expect them to continue to scaremonger with nonsense about the SNP. I think this brings about the likelihood of Scottish independence within the next 5 years or so very much to the fore. Amazing, really, when you consider how much panic there was about the potential for independence last year and now, just a few months later, it looks like they really don't give a excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 219
Rodley Mariner
April 24, 2015, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I don't know if yoiu have noticed Maringer but on Bet365 there are loads of markets to bet on the election. I haven't bet on it myself but I use it as an alternative to the polls - the bookies aren't stupid and I have as much if not more faith in them to give an accurate reflection on how things stand. Interestingly they have the Tories as favourites to win the most seats at 1/3 but a Labour Minority as favourite to be the next Government at 13/8.

Full odds for the next Government are:

Labour Minority - 13/8
Con Minority - 10/3
Con-LD Coalition - 5/1
Con Majority - 7/1
Lab-LD Coalition - 8/1
Lab-SNP Coalition - 9/1
Lab Majority - 33/1
Con-Lab Coalition - 40/1
Con-UKIP Coalition - 40/1

I personally have a horrible feeling that a lot of UKIP voters will return to the Tories come the election and a lot of undecideds will buy the Tory scare-mongering about the SNP and Labour being untrustworthy with the economy and we might end up with a very, very small Tory majority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 219
22 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General Election Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.