nightrider
January 24, 2015, 11:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
I thought Camrbidge were a bit mercenary in that they almost wanted a draw more than the win because of the money. The player at the end who was interviewed said a draw was the dream result, hardly the spirit of football! Man Utd will inevitably win the replay so the fact they even drew here is no more thn a minor blip, it's just another opportunity to fleece tens of thousands of suckers who want to experience the OT atmosphere,

I agree, but.....

If Town played em, I'd prefer a draw. A million quid from nothing or a win and a match against somebody like MK Dons who inevitably know us out

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 24, 2015, 11:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
I thought Camrbidge were a bit mercenary in that they almost wanted a draw more than the win because of the money. The player at the end who was interviewed said a draw was the dream result, hardly the spirit of football! Man Utd will inevitably win the replay so the fact they even drew here is no more thn a minor blip, it's just another opportunity to fleece tens of thousands of suckers who want to experience the OT atmosphere,

Don't blame them. The replay is worth a lot of money to the club and the players and it is after all a professional game. If it was Town wouldn't the fans be as delighted at the thought of a day out at Old Trafford as they were about going to Anfield?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
mariner91
January 24, 2015, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from DocTower
Spain have only two teams in reality Barca and Real ,

Which one won La Liga last season?

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
TownSNAFU5
January 24, 2015, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
It makes good sense for Cambridge to get a replay.  The money could set them up for at least 10 years.

Man United are lucky this season. They are in broadly the same league position as last season.   They are fortunate that some of their main rivals that they are judged against are below par.  Liverpool, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal are not as good as they were last season.  If they were equally strong, there would be more pressure on United and the manager.

Even Southampton can sell half of their team and be doing better than United.  And playing attractive football.

United have under-achieved for the very large investment made.  The managers' reputation seems to protect him so far.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
Les Brechin
January 29, 2015, 2:41pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
The result was all down to us apparently.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.u.....y.html#ixzz3Q4K5Vsnh

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cambridge v Man UTD

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.