4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
January 23, 2015, 11:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
If a Moyes Man U team had put in such a turgid display he'd be slaughtered (not literally)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
RichMariner
January 23, 2015, 11:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
I'm sure I saw a stat that said Manu are no better off this season than they were at this point last season.

Van Gaal has been given many millions to spend that Moyes didn't get. I don't understand why van Gaal isn't getting the grief that Moyes got - especially as he's splashed the cash.

Well, I *do* understand why. Van Gaal has arrived with a (trophy-winning) reputation that Moyes didn't have. And international experience.

My gut feeling is that it will come good for United under van Gaal, but it might take longer than most people thought. But I think his past history is the only thing that's keeping United fans patient for now.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
Abdul19
January 24, 2015, 12:50am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
It's bonkers that he's managed to spend c. £150m but not bothered signing a centre back. And considering the offensive players they have, they don't play particularly good football either!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
LH
January 24, 2015, 1:00am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Personally I think it's hilarious. The amount of stick I got from dickheads at school for supporting Town from Utd supporting twits who's idea of live football involved a remote control or a carvery makes it even sweeter.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Caesar
January 24, 2015, 6:59am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from LH
Personally I think it's hilarious. The amount of stick I got from dickheads at school for supporting Town from Utd supporting twits who's idea of live football involved a remote control or a carvery makes it even sweeter.

It wasn't just me?!?   That is literally my exact thoughts about Man U.

Love watching United fail, their score is the first I look for after Town hoping they have messed up, am really annoyed this year as the teams that can ruin them and beat them to the champions league are failing as well.   But indeeed on the bright side they have spent ridiculous amounts of money and points wise are in exactly the same place as last season, miles of title challenge!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
Rick12
January 24, 2015, 7:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good game enjoyed watching it.Well done to Cambridge

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
lukeo
January 24, 2015, 7:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Thought 1st half Cambridge where class. 2nd half was like a boring mid table league 2 game until near the end.
I luckily had a few Grimsby fans in my year at school but there were some boring girl privates who suppored prem teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
Rick12
January 24, 2015, 7:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from LH
Your a real fan my friend. Keeping it real and supporting your local team or the team who you have some connection to eg family.They are just glory hunters .On another note whats make me smile is as in anything in life there needs to be a top for there to be a bottom and unfortunately  we have fallen from grace.However still makes me proud that we had some taste of former glorys eg after the war we were a 1st division team which is what the prem would be now

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
DocTower
January 24, 2015, 7:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Isn't  it the state of top flight football in general  ?  We get the odd exciting match that is blown out of all proportion  by second rate pundits , " If that ball was put there and he'd  hit it right it would have been a goal  "   Yeh !  No st#@ Sherlock .  Hyped  up by Sky to something that it's  not anymore ..

I don't  bother watching match of the day because of this , and a lack of interest in the premiership now . There was a time when I knew who the managers were for the teams , and could name players for the teams . Not any more  , most are unpronounceable  from counties we have to look up to see where they have come from . All about looks , tans , hairstyles  , big cars fast women , they just aren't  in the real world .

I can see there being a European  league soon . Spain have only two teams in reality Barca and Real , France have PSG  and Lynn , Germany Bayen  and Dortmand  , we have Chelsea and City . These teams , if you agree are far above any other for money , there is no others that can compete for titles cups and promotions . They buy who they want , at stupid prices , market forces or just conned by agents .

Last night highlighted how poor football has become for me .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
fleabag1970
January 24, 2015, 8:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Premiership football is so so over hyped !! So long as people are shelling out the cash the Pundits will tell you how great it all is . The Championship is a much better league IMO

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cambridge v Man UTD

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.