Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Put up or shut up !!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 299 Guests

Put up or shut up !!

This thread currently has 4,999 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
January 23, 2015, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
This in NOT a dig at paul but please can he and the club just stop going on about these "irons in the fire" we have gone from the hairs on the back our necks to Hamish Watson.

newports Christian jolley (sounds like a welsh religious walk) has vanished and the imminent signing of the league 2 player last week has obviously done the same , just sign your target or leave it.

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Boss-targets-new-signings/story-25912079-detail/story.html[/url]

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
fishheadphil
January 23, 2015, 10:16am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Quoted from jonnyboy82
This in NOT a dig at paul but please can he and the club just stop going on about these "irons in the fire" we have gone from the hairs on the back our necks to Hamish Watson.

newports Christian jolley (sounds like a welsh religious walk) has vanished and the imminent signing of the league 2 player last week has obviously done the same , just sign your target or leave it.

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Boss-targets-new-signings/story-25912079-detail/story.html[/url]

The telegraph has a lot to answer for on a lot of this mate, its a paper that should be published once a week looking desperately for a story, the quality of the paper has gone downhill fast since that ginger minger took over.🙊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
ackomariner
January 23, 2015, 10:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
I give up with the lot of it.

Shows just how amateurish  gtfc has become,, we call this league " tin pot" , but that's exactly what we've become

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
fishheadphil
January 23, 2015, 10:22am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Quoted from ackomariner
I give up with the lot of it.

Shows just how amateurish  gtfc has become,, we call this league " tin pot" , but that's exactly what we've become

I was watching us on that estuary TV the other day ripping Burnley apart back in the day! We are a million miles from that level now and its embarrassing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
DocTower
January 23, 2015, 10:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Yes , the Exeter and Westbrom game ,  What we had and what we have now . How is it II get more excited about a game 12 years old and I know the result  , than I do now ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
acko338
January 23, 2015, 10:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
The Barnet game should be a benchmark of playing style - that's what the fans want to see - it proves the players have the ability to go out and take a game by the scruff of the neck against good opposition teams.

The problem is consistency !

Every game is different and not enough of Town believing they can win by attacking play, rather setting off at slower pace in most games allowing teams to get at them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
AlanPoutonsTackle
January 23, 2015, 11:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
I often get the impression that PH isn't quite that figure in football that players particularly gravitate too and when it comes to signing players I just think he has many targets that just don't fancy it. Might be PH himself, might be the aspirations of the player ie his targets are too high a level. Or it might be the club/location just can't really decide.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
moosey_club
January 23, 2015, 11:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I actually have some sympathy (not much ..but a smidge) for PH on this one, it is obvious that we were in for Jolley and that expectations may have been high regards sussessfully acquiring him....stalling any other attempts or negotiations for a similar player, this is now not looking likely so PH has to start the process again.
Also throw in the Aswad wobbler, does he or doesnt he now need to replace Aswad? What if Aswad sorts himself out and comes back.. would we have wasted a player budget?  
What if Mansfield recall Palmer at the end of his loan spell, would we be left with no other potential striking options, especially if Hamish and Hannah go out on loan?

Myself i would....
Get a left back in as priority for the remainder of the season, i am not a fan of Parslow in any position,  enabling Magnay to get back to right back. Put either Bignot or Walker up for loan as soon as we have a left back in. If Aswad returns then its a bonus, if not hold onto his registration and force someone to bid for him.

Sign a striker on loan for the remainder of the season, easier said than done i know but as i think we can discount Hamish or Hannah ever getting a run in the squad if Palmer gets recalled then we are basically down to LJL and the Pope. If we can extend Palmer , providing he continues ala Barnet then do that also.

Cover for either wing, there are four Neilson's in the squad this season...one is either injured, out of favour, red hot or anonymous all of which equals cannot be relied upon, Arnold is pretty much the same except in favour more and Makreth tries but has not had the impact we maybe had hoped for so again a big priority for me....pacey winger.

Sounds easy but as time runs out it becomes harder and harder....only problem for me is that with the exception of the Aswad situation the rest has been obvious for ages and should have been in place already.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2015, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Other than not having much empathy for his boss, I have little sympathy for Paul Hurst, he's had time, a decent budget etc. He needs to deliver now - there are no further distractions and the powers that be need to ensure that the players have some kind of incentive in place for promotion because anything less jeopardises their future, the managers future and potentially dictates the future of a new stadium.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 23, 2015, 12:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

We have been over this many times, why are we not signing players capable of making the first team better?  We know all the reasons about geography but that cannot explain all of the refusals. So we are left with players like Palmer who is a risk and only on loan anyway. He might turn out to be a match winner but we need to see several games to know for sure. With so many games to come over a short time it is pretty obvious we do need reinforcements and/or we need to find a way for players we have like Neilson to be effective. Either way at some stage before April there will be injuries, loss of form and suspensions and players will have to be replaced.

Seems that a lot of the speculation and anticipation is hyped by both the club and the media. Trouble is, the GT and the club need each other, not least because the club has to keep the GT onside over the new stadium. Whether the speculation about Jolley alerted other clubs we will never know but it probably wouldn't be the first time and the way things are going it won't be the last.

I reached the conclusion some time back that if a player needs more than a couple of days to think about coming to Grimsby then he probably isn't going to and he isn't worth the effort. No speculation then is there? If as a manager you are going to persuade someone to Grimsby then you need to do it fast and to have some personal qualities and reputation that makes the player feel honoured to be asked. Then be ruthless if he doesn't agree inside your timescale because it is time and effort wasted.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
Garth
January 23, 2015, 12:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25

We have been over this many times, why are we not signing players capable of making the first team better?  We know all the reasons about geography but that cannot explain all of the refusals. So we are left with players like Palmer who is a risk and only on loan anyway. He might turn out to be a match winner but we need to see several games to know for sure. With so many games to come over a short time it is pretty obvious we do need reinforcements and/or we need to find a way for players we have like Neilson to be effective. Either way at some stage before April there will be injuries, loss of form and suspensions and players will have to be replaced.

Seems that a lot of the speculation and anticipation is hyped by both the club and the media. Trouble is, the GT and the club need each other, not least because the club has to keep the GT onside over the new stadium. Whether the speculation about Jolley alerted other clubs we will never know but it probably wouldn't be the first time and the way things are going it won't be the last.

I reached the conclusion some time back that if a player needs more than a couple of days to think about coming to Grimsby then he probably isn't going to and he isn't worth the effort. No speculation then is there? If as a manager you are going to persuade someone to Grimsby then you need to do it fast and to have some personal qualities and reputation that makes the player feel honoured to be asked. Then be ruthless if he doesn't agree inside your timescale because it is time and effort wasted.

Agree, I don`t think PH is persuasive enough when a certain player requires it, and tough enough when the player is hesitant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
GrimRob
January 23, 2015, 12:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jonnyboy82

If you don't get your hopes up about these signings until it actually happens, it is not an issue. Like any employer they are always looking for new staff, quite often your targets get a job elsewhere, or want more money, that's life. I am happy that they are looking to strengthen the squad, it might give some of the existing players a kick up the backside if the manager is rumoured to be looking in his position.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 34
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 23, 2015, 12:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Have York actually got any players left for us to pinch!?!??

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Freemoash88
January 23, 2015, 12:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

If you don't get your hopes up about these signings until it actually happens, it is not an issue. Like any employer they are always looking for new staff, quite often your targets get a job elsewhere, or want more money, that's life. I am happy that they are looking to strengthen the squad, it might give some of the existing players a kick up the backside if the manager is rumoured to be looking in his position.

That could we'll be his plan constantly looking for players to scare our fringe players to give them
the kick up the bum they need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
ginnywings
January 23, 2015, 1:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Freemoash88

That could we'll be his plan constantly looking for players to scare our fringe players to give them
the kick up the bum they need.

That only works up to a point and i think we are past that point.We are about at the same level as we were last year at this stage of the season, so we have not actually progressed in the last year, in fact the last two years.

What we need now to go to the next level, is players that come in and demote some of the regulars to fringe status and the fringe players that are here now to be told thanks but you can move on. We are not getting better, just shuffling the pack we have.

We need a new and better pack, which just aint happening.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
Les Brechin
January 23, 2015, 1:22pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from ginnywings

That only works up to a point and i think we are past that point.We are about at the same level as we were last year at this stage of the season, so we have not actually progressed in the last year, in fact the last two years.

What we need now to go to the next level, is players that come in and demote some of the regulars to fringe status and the fringe players that are here now to be told thanks but you can move on. We are not getting better, just shuffling the pack we have.

We need a new and better pack, which just aint happening.

Do we though?

It's only last week that we comfortably saw off what is supposedly the best team in this division. The players have shown that they can play to the necessary standard. If we produce the performance that we did against Barnet every week, then I have no doubt that we will get out of this division.

Consistency is the key, the players need to be producing that sort of performance week in week out but they have proved last Saturday that they can do it, although I doubt very much if that consistency will be achieved.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 23, 2015, 1:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob

If that was true then wouldn't Hannah be in the side now with a dozen goals to his credit and Neilson be playing out of his skin every week?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
GrimRob
January 23, 2015, 2:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113

If that was true then wouldn't Hannah be in the side now with a dozen goals to his credit and Neilson be playing out of his skin every week?

Give em chance!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 34
ginnywings
January 23, 2015, 2:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Les Brechin

Do we though?

It's only last week that we comfortably saw off what is supposedly the best team in this division. The players have shown that they can play to the necessary standard. If we produce the performance that we did against Barnet every week, then I have no doubt that we will get out of this division.

Consistency is the key, the players need to be producing that sort of performance week in week out but they have proved last Saturday that they can do it, although I doubt very much if that consistency will be achieved.

As we so often do against sides that come out to play. On the other hand, teams that come and defend can quite easily keep us at arms length because we haven't got the right tools for this scenario.

Facts are facts. The last three seasons has seen us get to a certain point, yet not exceed it. We are a play off side and admittedly there is some way to go in the season but i think we are already too far off the pace to be anything other than that, unless we get players in who are noticeably better than what we currently have. Hurst keeps saying he will only bring in players that are an improvement on what we have, yet he very rarely does that. I think he has reached his limit and can't take us to the next level but i remain hopeful than i am wrong.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
ginnywings
January 23, 2015, 2:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Just to add, then when i say a new pack, i don't mean a completely new team, just 2 or 3 players that will go straight into the side and improve it. I'm not talking wholesale change here, just a bit of a shuffle. If you stand still, you are going backwards because others will be looking to better themselves.

As the original post alluded to, we keep hearing about these new and exciting signings, but they don't materialise.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
Les Brechin
January 23, 2015, 2:29pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from ginnywings

As we so often do against sides that come out to play. On the other hand, teams that come and defend can quite easily keep us at arms length because we haven't got the right tools for this scenario.

Facts are facts. The last three seasons has seen us get to a certain point, yet not exceed it. We are a play off side and admittedly there is some way to go in the season but i think we are already too far off the pace to be anything other than that, unless we get players in who are noticeably better than what we currently have. Hurst keeps saying he will only bring in players that are an improvement on what we have, yet he very rarely does that. I think he has reached his limit and can't take us to the next level but i remain hopeful than i am wrong.

I agree to a certain extent but it's just so bloody frustrating when you see a performance like that against Barnet and compare it to the performance against Kidderminster at home which was probably our most woeful performance this season.

The players CAN do it but are just not consistent enough. If we can get new players in then all well and good but it's going to be quite a task for PH to find an available player willing to play at this level which will improve the team.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
Abdul19
January 23, 2015, 2:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from GrimRob

If you don't get your hopes up about these signings until it actually happens, it is not an issue. Like any employer they are always looking for new staff, quite often your targets get a job elsewhere, or want more money, that's life.

I agree with this, he's just answering the question. I don't really see how that makes the club tinpot or whatever.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
ginnywings
January 23, 2015, 2:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Les Brechin

I agree to a certain extent but it's just so bloody frustrating when you see a performance like that against Barnet and compare it to the performance against Kidderminster at home which was probably our most woeful performance this season.

The players CAN do it but are just not consistent enough. If we can get new players in then all well and good but it's going to be quite a task for PH to find an available player willing to play at this level which will improve the team.

Which is why some of us think he is not up to the task. He just doesn't have a winning personality in my opinion. We need to improve and he is not improving us. He's had plenty of time and we do get very good performances like the Barnet game but i still remember the Lincoln game and the Macc game and the twice we failed to beat Gateshead. That's four of the last five games remember.

He keeps pulling a good result out of the bag and people seem to instantly forget all the shite
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
BIGChris
January 23, 2015, 2:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I wonder who these 2 or 3 (or 3 or 4) players who would walk straight into our side are?

They need to be a) available, b) affordable, and c) willing to come.

Now if they would make such a difference to a side in 4th place in the Conference then the chances are they are playing regularly in the league above or being outstanding performers at our level or maybe even the level below. if so i think such a player will have options higher than us.

IMO it is the likes of Palmer, Bogle etc that we may be able to take a gamble on, but i just dont see the types who would turn our season on its head coming whether Paul Hurst or anyone else is in charge.

Realistically the best we can hope for is a promising youngster who may need a chance to prove himself
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2015, 5:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from BIGChris
I wonder who these 2 or 3 (or 3 or 4) players who would walk straight into our side are?

They need to be a) available, b) affordable, and c) willing to come.

Now if they would make such a difference to a side in 4th place in the Conference then the chances are they are playing regularly in the league above or being outstanding performers at our level or maybe even the level below. if so i think such a player will have options higher than us.

IMO it is the likes of Palmer, Bogle etc that we may be able to take a gamble on, but i just dont see the types who would turn our season on its head coming whether Paul Hurst or anyone else is in charge.

Realistically the best we can hope for is a promising youngster who may need a chance to prove himself

Do what the other "giants" of our league do?

Identify the player you want, make a respectable bid to his club as a starter to negotiate till deal is done, and then pay said player the wages his status deserves.

It seems simple to me.

Also have a transfer policy that looks for players on the top of their game, in either our league or the league below, that we have more chance of selling for a profit (imagine that) in order to improve our finances over time.

Or continue to pay wages for players/ loan players that have no resale value whatsoever and keep adding to the debt.

And don't worry about players not wanting to come to the east coast - if they are wanted and paid enough they will come to play for a club with ambition fan base and history.    
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
BIGChris
January 23, 2015, 5:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6

Do what the other "giants" of our league do?

Identify the player you want, make a respectable bid to his club as a starter to negotiate till deal is done, and then pay said player the wages his status deserves.

It seems simple to me.

Also have a transfer policy that looks for players on the top of their game, in either our league or the league below, that we have more chance of selling for a profit (imagine that) in order to improve our finances over time.

Or continue to pay wages for players/ loan players that have no resale value whatsoever and keep adding to the debt.

And don't worry about players not wanting to come to the east coast - if they are wanted and paid enough they will come to play for a club with ambition fan base and history.    

Cannot see that any other club in our league are enticing the signings that would make a significant difference to our side. Akinde may have done in the summer ( didnt look great for 85 mins last Sat in my view) but he preferred to head back south
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
grimsby pete
January 23, 2015, 5:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
My thoughts are, the team do not need to be up for the big games,

They motivate themselves trying to prove they are better than Barnet and the like,

Its the smaller clubs that they need some motivation,

Hurst can not do that for whatever reason,

Sort that problem out and we do not need any more players,

The ones we have are good enough.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
DocTower
January 23, 2015, 5:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from grimsby pete
My thoughts are, the team do not need to be up for the big games,

They motivate themselves trying to prove they are better than Barnet and the like,

Its the smaller clubs that they need some motivation,

Hurst can not do that for whatever reason,

Sort that problem out and we do not need any more players,

The ones we have are good enough.

This has been a problem for some time , obvious  to us paying punters . The players we have can do it ,  tinkering  and favouritism  don't  help anyone .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
ginnywings
January 23, 2015, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
To be clear, i don't mean that we should be getting 3 or 4 players in right now in this window. I'm saying that we have had plenty of time to do this over the last couple of seasons and haven't. We were a play off side the season before last, we were a play off side last season and we are still a play off side to date. We may well kick on from here and do better this season than the previous two but the signs are not good. We are simply not improving and are swapping like for like players.

Our record with strikers is very poor in my opinion and Hearn apart, we've not had anyone who looks dangerous on a regular basis. We need a couple of players that can create something to break down those stubborn sides and it is so frustrating because once again, the team is nearly there but not quite. If we want to get out of this league then something more than what we are doing/have been doing, needs to happen.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
Garth
January 23, 2015, 6:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from BIGChris

Cannot see that any other club in our league are enticing the signings that would make a significant difference to our side. Akinde may have done in the summer ( didnt look great for 85 mins last Sat in my view) but he preferred to head back south

Would like to have seen someone like Charlie Adams attacking  midfielder on loan to Lincoln from Birmingham, but of course they are in a different catchment area than us, or do they have better contacts than us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
Tom13
January 23, 2015, 6:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Garth

Would like to have seen someone like Charlie Adams attacking  midfielder on loan to Lincoln from Birmingham, but of course they are in a different catchment area than us, or do they have better contacts than us

He's a holding midfielder so not really what we need?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
Garth
January 23, 2015, 6:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Tom13

He's a holding midfielder so not really what we need?

Hmmm! scored two cracking goals one against us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
immariner
January 23, 2015, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Other than not having much empathy for his boss, I have little sympathy for Paul Hurst, he's had time, a decent budget etc.

He's had a play-off budget. What have we achieved the last two years?...

We have a play-off budget again this year. We have to reach them (which we're on course to do) and perform much better once we get there. Failure in the semis will probably see Paul looking for a job in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
moosey_club
January 23, 2015, 10:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from immariner

He's had a play-off budget. What have we achieved the last two years?...

We have a play-off budget again this year. We have to reach them (which we're on course to do) and perform much better once we get there. Failure in the semis will probably see Paul looking for a job in the summer.

failure in the final will too i suspect..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
immariner
January 23, 2015, 11:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from moosey_club

failure in the final will too i suspect..

I don't think it's promotion-or-out for Hurst but I think it would be 50/50 if we lost in the final (would probably depend on the manner), but I think almost certainly if we go out in the semis (or don't reach them of course).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Put up or shut up !!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.