tashee69
January 21, 2015, 11:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +966
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
We will see whether those who advocate the 'get out of this sh*t trophy' policy are proven right come end April
Lots of people need to find an excuse for failure and the FA Trophy is as good as any... but just as there is no evidence to suggest it helps a team there is no evidence to say it hampers them

Totally agree. Said before when we got knocked out by Chasetown we didn't tear any trees up. Just seems like this competition IS A VERY POOR EXCUSE for not performing in the second half of a season.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 317
Abdul19
January 22, 2015, 12:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
When we got knocked out by Chasetown we were shite

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 317
Mariner16
January 22, 2015, 12:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Sigone

Town played extra time with 10 men according to telegraph live

Apparently this was down to the the shop being prevented from coming back on by the Gateshead club doctor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 317
cleethorpes_mariner
January 22, 2015, 1:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Just back from a very cold night in Gateshead
JL got knocked out by the looks of it and was not allowed to take any further part in the game, I think that was the refs decision, unfortunately we had made all 3 subs and extra time had only just started.
Our second goal was only given by the female linesperson and I don’t even think our team could believe it had been given.
Gateshead’s third goal was partly down to Arnold being fouled and knocked to the floor where he decided to stay whilst complaining, The man he should have been tracking got the ball and crossed I for the goal.
Walker looked poor in the first half then took a knock early in the second half, looked like he wanted to come off but Paul changed others instead.
I can’t see why we did not either play kids and fringe players OR play the full squad that beat Barnet, A bit of both did not work tonight and for the first 20 mins we looked disjointed with no cohesion between defence and midfield.
Heard a rumour that JL may not be able to play for 10 days due to head injury, Hope not as we looked poor with palmer and Pitman upfront.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 317
DocTower
January 22, 2015, 7:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Had to listen to it and as you say it did sound disjointed , when our second goal went in although happy I was more worried about the effect of extra time . In all a game that no one wanted that could cost us in the long run . Decisions  made before during and now after will come and bite us hard on our backside I fear . Nuneaton  is now very important for us .

It would be nice to know what is going on behind closed doors to stop all these rumours too . Is he isn't  he , are they going or not , doesn't  help anyone . I know some things need to be kept secret for legal  reasons , but a statement  would help , not wishy washy sentences.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 314 - 317
gary_elton
January 22, 2015, 8:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
good post Doc....  we should win Saturday tho...  will be tough... poor pitch and cloggers....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 317
RonMariner
January 22, 2015, 8:56am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,007
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Might we still have games postponed due to league opposition still in the trophy?

Yes it's possible. But it would be certain if we were still in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 316 - 317
pizzzza
January 22, 2015, 8:57am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135

Our second goal was only given by the female linesperson and I don’t even think our team could believe it had been given.

What does the assistant referee's gender have to do with it?
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 317
32 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Heed match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.