January 20, 2015, 9:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from BIGChris

Agree with this.

Currently he is the one player in the squad that can get me on the edge of my seat BUT I am not convinced about his fitness. He has the 'cheeky chappy' attitude but i wonder if he would be better if he really put everything into getting himself into tip top condition. Then his ability might really shine through.

I think it's absolutely undeniable that Scott is not being played in his best position. For a player with that much talent, I believe you build your squad round his needs. Nobody questioned his fitness etc when he was tearing teams apart at the start of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 20, 2015, 9:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Anything in this rumour of James marwood coming?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 123
BIGChris
January 20, 2015, 9:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from pontoonlew

I think it's absolutely undeniable that Scott is not being played in his best position. For a player with that much talent, I believe you build your squad round his needs. Nobody questioned his fitness etc when he was tearing teams apart at the start of the season.

He has hardly been played in his 'best position' at any time in his career.

He certainly looked a lot fitter at the start of the season than he has done since say Oct
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 123
arryarryarry
January 20, 2015, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I don't want to rain on anybodys Parade, even Rodney's but he looked very good against us the season before last and didn't he score the goal at their place.

However many of the comments on here are identical to the ones we got when Mackreth signed.

Just saying like.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 123
chaos33
January 20, 2015, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from 75

I only know what I've seen. He is much quicker than Neilson, probably quicker than Arnold. Defensively, he gives the same as the current lads (i.e. very little) and seemed at home playing wide of a front three. I wouldn't think he'd be ideal in 4-4-2 especially with Azza behind him (or probably in front of him!).

He seemed composed, tricky and direct, for me he was the main difference over the two legs in the play off semi.

I would be sorry to see Scott Neilson leave, he has so much quality but isn't blessed with pace. He bulked up about 18 months ago, not sure if it's just added muscle and although it's helped his strength on the ball I'm not sure if it's cost him another yard he couldn't afford to lose. Am I being ultra critical with Scott? Maybe but I do sometimes think he could be fitter, he rarely gets through 90 mins.

Arnold, main problem with him is which Nathan Arnold turns up and he's struggled with injury here. He can be a match winner, is quick but sometimes his decision making is poor. That said, reading the Newport forum, they seem to think Jolley isn't so consistent but they seem to love him there.

Good post and some good points in there as in BC's too.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 123
The Singing Fisherman
January 20, 2015, 10:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Mackreth has got better as the  season as gone on in  my eyes. Played well on saturday. If we do get Jolley competition can only push players on to play better when picked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 123
diehardmariner
January 20, 2015, 10:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Regards Neilson, I think he's the type of player who needs to be loved and probably indulged a little bit.  Not sure Hurst is the right man to get the best out of him, but he's not alone in failing to really discover what makes the player tick.  The fact a player of Neilson's ability is still at this level at his age says everything.

Personally I think we can afford to accommodate Neilson as he's THAT good at this level.  
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 123
Maringer
January 20, 2015, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I remember Jolley as properly quick, tricky but a bit lightweight. Would be a good signing for us though as quick and tricky players aren't exactly falling out of the trees.

Neilson is inconsistent, as are most wingers/creative players at this level so it would be good to have both him and Jolley available to mix things up a bit. You can never have too many attacking options...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 123
monkeyboy
January 20, 2015, 10:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26

James Marwood @Jmarzy44  ·  2 hrs 2 hours ago

Happy that's all sorted now, time to kick on again.. Any team need a kitman or bus driver?
0 replies . 4 retweets 12 favourites

Thgis guy seems to be mr magnays mate so who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 123
monkeyboy
January 20, 2015, 10:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Matt Dannatt @mattdannatt  ·  8h 8 hours ago

Not based on any info etc, but @Jmarzy44 comes to a mutual termination with St Mirren - could @CarlMagnay_Icon have a word? #GTFC

also i nice pice with marwood and magnay together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.