Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game ON (NOW OFF!!)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 187 Guests

Game ON (NOW OFF!!)

This thread currently has 9,723 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
gary_elton
January 19, 2015, 11:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Sod Gateshead...  fans need fookin binoculars to see the pitch its that far away ( which probably benefits their fickle 500 )
let 'em have the tie and let's get on with some proper business... Hurst should send the kids and those who sit on the bench
if we have to fulfil this bloody daft fixture... Heed probably only get folk thru the gate who are banned at Newcastle anyway judging
by the number of their shirts inside the ground on match days...  way ay man.. it muss be tuff up  tyneside like...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
Teestogreen
January 19, 2015, 11:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
(d) Replays which are Postponed or Abandoned
(i) When a replayed match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground as directed by The FA.

This part of referees rules - rule 11 d is specific to the FA Trophy.

Seems to me there is no neutral person deciding whether any of the clubs are at fault or not.

Hence, the home team could play the situation for weeks, if they wanted to.  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
mike_d
January 20, 2015, 3:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
This is why I think The Heed can be accused of breaking the "through no fault" clause - they don't cover their pitch, have not made efforts to improve drainage, and _knowing the weather forecast_ and the fact it's January, chose to go to replay rather than settle on the day. intercourse the fact it's January and they can't be blamed for the weather, they can be blamed for knowing it's January and not trying to mitigate.
Personally, I think we should be trying to engender a winning spirit and do the promotion and cup double- intercourse the negativity of "we're in a tin pot cup" - there's been enough of that - let's say we can win both - get that positive vibe out.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
grimsby pete
January 20, 2015, 5:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
The weather for Wednesday is poor so I suggest we postpone the game now,

Rearrange it for Thursday when the forecast is a lot better

Then send the juniors  to play the match.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
LH
January 20, 2015, 5:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,497
Gold Stars: 173
Not sure anyone has had the idea to send the youth team yet? Is this something we've looked into?  
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game ON (NOW OFF!!)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.