Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game ON (NOW OFF!!)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 343 Guests

Game ON (NOW OFF!!)

This thread currently has 9,724 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
January 19, 2015, 5:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
I'm sorry we've tried to play this match twice now and it's been unsuccessful. Time for the FA to step in and toss a coin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
ska face
January 19, 2015, 5:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Is just astounds me that this type of incident happens year, after year, after year with this competition, and nobody of any standing within the Conference has taken the FA to task over it.

It's utterly farcical, and I can only imagine that the people in charge of the trophy enjoy their day out at Wembley and their bit of the limelight too much to worry about actually running a competent, efficient competition.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
fiveallive
January 19, 2015, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Happens every season with Gateshead i was so happy seeing the fixtures that we had Gateshead early and then we draw then out in the FA Trophy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
Teestogreen
January 19, 2015, 5:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
If Gateshead can produce video evidence that each of the pitch inspections - one last Wednesday at 12.30 p.m and two today (at 11.45 a.m. and 14.30 p.m.) were conducted and concluded properly, then end of story. I notice that they have not said on their website that Geoff Eltringham (Football League referee from Tyneside) was there at the 2.30 p.m. inspection, whereas he was at the other 2.

I remain unconvinced - particularly as I knew there was no point in travelling today (not that I would have).

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
BS baffles brains
January 19, 2015, 5:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
Nothing happening this week, Gateshead  forecast, below freezing until Friday afternoon, clear Saturday, so it seems that more the likely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
January 19, 2015, 5:28pm
Guest User
It has cost us the last 2 years and will cost us again this year. Please forfeit the match
Reply: 45 - 64
highcliff mariner
January 19, 2015, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
I'd be happy with forfeiting the game , let's all go to Nuneaton on sat 😏

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
cleethorpes_mariner
January 19, 2015, 5:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
I have just looked on the Gateshead forum and they seem to be not to happy about our comments on this thread  

comments like
disappointed but sensible, on the plus side it p****s Grimsby off :wink: who we all hate

what a horrible club who i hope never get promoted,

I agree. Anything that further antagonises our fishy friends is good by me. If its off again on Wednesday can we make sure it's not announced till about 5pm please?

Think we must have hit a nerve  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
Mariners_15
January 19, 2015, 6:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
I have just looked on the Gateshead forum and they seem to be not to happy about our comments on this thread  

comments like
disappointed but sensible, on the plus side it p****s Grimsby off :wink: who we all hate

what a horrible club who i hope never get promoted,

I agree. Anything that further antagonises our fishy friends is good by me. If its off again on Wednesday can we make sure it's not announced till about 5pm please?

Think we must have hit a nerve  

Micky mouse club that lot!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
acko338
January 19, 2015, 6:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
So...... if the game is off through bad weather on Friday with no hope of a reasonable thawing / drying out of the ground, could the Nuneaton game be re-arranged quickly.... or is that too much to hope for????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Game ON (NOW OFF!!)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.