TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 20, 2015, 1:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Funnily enough I've just watched the full game for the first time and the tempo was outstanding by all the Town players, Palmer made a big difference,Mackreth/Shop was very good but Magnay is a cracking player for this level he gets everywhere and challenges for everything.

What I notice about Magnay is that he is skilful though not especially quick but he has easily the best and quickest football brain in the side and his anticipation gives him a great edge over the average player in this league who just reacts. He's half way to the danger before anyone else has even seen it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Nelly GTFC
January 20, 2015, 2:50pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
BT Sport highlights link >> [url=http://sport.bt.com/video-01363814401986?videoid=3994737043001&videotitle=Goals%3A%20Grimsby%20Town%203-1%20Barnet&videoimage=2503979514001%2F201501%2F1281%2F2503979514001_3994842376001_conferencecove.jpg]Click here[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Maringer
January 20, 2015, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,393
Gold Stars: 184
One of Magnay's best assets is actually that he has a very good touch. This gives him plenty of time to get the ball under control and you rarely seem him pressured into losing possession. I'd guess that few of his clearances are blocked in comparison to our other full-backs as well.

Would be much better to see him back playing on the right, however, so hopefully a refreshed Aswad will return soon or, if not, we'll get a replacement in for him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
moosey_club
January 20, 2015, 3:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from cmackenzie4
but Magnay is a cracking player for this level he gets everywhere and challenges for everything.

beyond that and what i like most about Magnay is his calmness and distribution, rarely does he "just clear it", he tends to at least aim to retain possession with any interceptions, headed clearances etc, i think on Saturday there were three cracking examples, two close quarters headed or chested backpasses to Mckeown inside our penalty area and the big sliding challenge around half way in front of the Findus, great tackle, committed, hard, clean but with the foresight make sure it turned into a channel ball towards LJL.
Very aware of what is going on around him.

Will gladly hold my hands up and say that after his first appearance in pre season i thought we had bought a right donkey.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BT Sport - Match  Repeat

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.