Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › As a matter of interest......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 174 Guests

As a matter of interest......

This thread currently has 3,050 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Sussexmariner
January 16, 2015, 11:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
If Town do get comprehensively beaten tomorrow will the pro Hurst  brigade change their mind and say enough is enough and call for his head?

Likewise if Town put in a performance and really put on a show and win will the anti Hurst Lot  change their mind and give him more time?

Discuss

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
January 16, 2015, 11:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
No need to speculate, get behind the players and Hurst, then discuss tomorrow afternoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
SpudUDontLike
January 16, 2015, 11:36pm

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Sussexmariner
If Town do get comprehensively beaten tomorrow will the pro Hurst  brigade change their mind and say enough is enough and call for his head?

Likewise if Town put in a performance and really put on a show and win will the anti Hurst Lot  change their mind and give him more time?

Discuss

No and no.
Everyone's far more entrenched than that.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
DavidB
January 16, 2015, 11:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Who knows? There's those with firm views, and those who assess things as they progress...

Tomorrow is another game in a season with a clearly defined objective*: regardless of the result, or the performances on the day, the key question is whether that objective is still achievable. And at the moment it still is very achievable - I can't see tomorrow's result changing that assessment any more than any other game.

* promotion - whether automatic or via the play-offs. Whilst the former would be ideal, the alternative route still achieves the end result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
aldi_01
January 17, 2015, 7:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Too many people not realising that reaching the objective is a long hard slog and sometimes just getting a win, in any way possible is key. Too many banging on about pretty football or formation etc...

Luton, fleetwood, Mansfield etc didn't play the greatest football and weren't always great to watch but they scraped wins when needed and they actually had the support of the fans...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
DocTower
January 17, 2015, 7:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from aldi_01

Luton, fleetwood, Mansfield etc didn't play the greatest football and weren't always great to watch but they scraped wins when needed and they actually had the support of the fans...

Don't expect to see premiership football but would like to see us play with purpose and no fear, show us what we all know they can do .  Important game for all today one way or another . I'm still not well but I'm still going to turn up against my wifes wishes . If I can put the effort in to watch my team I justvwant them too .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
jonnyboy82
January 17, 2015, 8:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from aldi_01
Too many people not realising that reaching the objective is a long hard slog and sometimes just getting a win, in any way possible is key. Too many banging on about pretty football or formation etc...

And all three were champions , something we still aint close to being.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
lukeo
January 17, 2015, 8:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,293
Gold Stars: 134
Sounds really daft but to me i want to watch my club in football stadiums not a field with a stand on one side. I'd happily sit in league 2 for the rest of my days. Some decent stadiums and teams in there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
friskneymariner
January 17, 2015, 8:54am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Depends on performance if we lose in our usual lacklustre style think this board will be very active this p.m.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
LongEatonMariner
January 17, 2015, 9:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lukeo
Sounds really daft but to me i want to watch my club in football stadiums not a field with a stand on one side. I'd happily sit in league 2 for the rest of my days. Some decent stadiums and teams in there

We have to get to L2 first. Then of course we should reassess and decide we want to play in L1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
Garth
January 17, 2015, 9:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from DocTower

Don't expect to see premiership football but would like to see us play with purpose and no fear, show us what we all know they can do .  Important game for all today one way or another . I'm still not well but I'm still going to turn up against my wifes wishes . If I can put the effort in to watch my team I justvwant them too .

Some Doc you are      PH is here to the seasons end whatever happens today unless things go really bad in the next two months that is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Bruce Springsteen
January 17, 2015, 10:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Hurst Out Now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
moosey_club
January 17, 2015, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
This is one game where i want a win, not particularly fussed how the manager goes about it but as long as we have a plan that gains a win i will be happy.
I am not talking about a flukey off  LJL's @rse from a defenders hashed clearance last minute kind of win following 89 minutes of severe Barnet pressure but a set system/formation method of approaching the game that if necessary nulifies Barnet first and relies upon counter attack to win. A masterminded victory planned and executed perfectly is the order of the day.
One that pleases my eye as well as the viewing BMillions would be a welcome bonus.

A win is vital for our overall position in the league, the manner of the win could still leave me doubtful regards Hursts ability to achieve the overall aim.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › As a matter of interest......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.