3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Tom13
January 16, 2015, 1:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Abdul19

I think you're right. We got a free kick for an appalling foul on Disco (cue red for retaliation) then we got the penalty a minute later. That put us 2-0 up and I think Cas was redded for a professional foul which gave them the pen to equalise.

Yeah that's right about Cas actually, I remember it now, what a game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Abdul19
January 16, 2015, 1:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Tom13

Yeah that's right about Cas actually, I remember it now, what a game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjCqeLYuenA

2 of them seemed to foul Hamilton although one (Ravenhill?) is an absolute shocker. Good old Disco attacks the other lad though!

Hate to say it 11.5 years on, but I reckon he might have got the Boulding one right. Wasn't in control of the ball so not a cgso.

Speaking of shockers, who thought that kit was a good idea?!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Maringer
January 16, 2015, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Abdul19

I thought only once but it wouldn't surprise me. I think midfield dynamo Terence Fleming got sent off that day too!

You're right, it was just retaken once:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=366

It was that game (or just one of them against us) where Russell saved absolutely everything that came his way.

Referee was P. Taylor, apparently and Tony Butcher gave him a score of -1,273.9867 in his report!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Abdul19
January 16, 2015, 1:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Yeah that's right, he made some brilliant saves (as he did in the first game)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
RichMariner
January 16, 2015, 2:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from Abdul19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjCqeLYuenA

2 of them seemed to foul Hamilton although one (Ravenhill?) is an absolute shocker. Good old Disco attacks the other lad though!

Hate to say it 11.5 years on, but I reckon he might have got the Boulding one right. Wasn't in control of the ball so not a cgso.

Speaking of shockers, who thought that kit was a good idea?!

Cheers for the link - I see my memory of the Hamilton incident has been skewed over time! Still think that Donny defender should've walked for his foul. It was pretty cynical. Didn't even get a yellow, which made the Cas incident hard to take.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Maringer
January 16, 2015, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
Yeah, looking at those highlights, it just shows what a dreadful double foul that was on Hamilton. The red card for him was deserved but one of those Donny players could easily have walked as well. Probably would have done in this day and age. A very nasty challenge. That was about as involved as Hamilton managed to get that season. Can't believe Newcastle once paid a million quid for him when a million was worth a heck of a lot more.

Although Boulding had fluffed his first touch, he was still well set to score until he was completely taken out by the Donny defender. How that wasn't a red card, I don't know. Cas' red card was correct but the earlier decisions made it hard to take.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.