Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's not the same........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 201 Guests

It's not the same........

This thread currently has 3,966 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
January 13, 2015, 12:40pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MarinerWY

This. I wouldn't want Fenty, Hurst or the players taking what is said on The Fishy as any way representative.

Especailly as now we have a group of 6-7 posters who hijack every thread with the most doom and gloom negativity possible. We get it, you don't like Hurst, you want him sacked. Can we talk about some constructive things without you repeating the same thing every thread? I'm not sure why some of them bother writing different posts, they can just copy and paste each (in some cases abusive) tirade into each new thread.

If I was an author I'd claim plagiarism I tried to say exactly the same thing at the weekend but I'm afraid it falls on deaf ears/blind eyes. The most ironic thing is that it is often these posters who bemoan the negativity in the club! Simply astounding....

P.S. I'll give it five minutes before someone trots out the "Give us something to cheer about...ad nauseum line.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
fleabag1970
January 13, 2015, 12:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The lead post on this thread sums it up nicely . The club is going no where fast . 4th is not acceptable for GTFC's Fans . They have stuck with the club through the worst times ever known at the club and still they will turn up on Saturday . The Fans are not to help responsible for any of the problems with the club . That is like a politician blaming the people that voted for them .

The Club is so miserable to be around and this Forum is full of Sheep that are frightened they will lose what they hold dear .................wake up guys it died along time ago  , you are now just visiting the grave yard

Yeah yeah its all just my opinion BUT  search your soul when you next sit in BP and you will know that it is true ......................  Iam Gutted that it has come to this but I went to watch Cleethorpes on Saturday and Loved it ....... Passion , Laughter , Desire , Fun and nothing less than 100% .  Will I return to Bradley ? Yes I will !!   Will I return to BP ? I don't know ....................................................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
jonnyboy82
January 13, 2015, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from MarinerWY

This. I wouldn't want Fenty, Hurst or the players taking what is said on The Fishy as any way representative.

Especailly as now we have a group of 6-7 posters who hijack every thread with the most doom and gloom negativity possible. We get it, you don't like Hurst, you want him sacked. Can we talk about some constructive things without you repeating the same thing every thread? I'm not sure why some of them bother writing different posts, they can just copy and paste each (in some cases abusive) tirade into each new thread.

[img]http://www.imagesbuddy.com/images/121/2013/12/just-dropping-by-to-say-hi-glitter-scrap.gif[/img]

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
barralad
January 13, 2015, 12:47pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from fleabag1970
The lead post on this thread sums it up nicely . The club is going no where fast . 4th is not acceptable for GTFC's Fans . They have stuck with the club through the worst times ever known at the club and still they will turn up on Saturday . The Fans are not to help responsible for any of the problems with the club . That is like a politician blaming the people that voted for them .

The Club is so miserable to be around and this Forum is full of Sheep that are frightened they will lose what they hold dear .................wake up guys it died along time ago  , you are now just visiting the grave yard

Yeah yeah its all just my opinion BUT  search your soul when you next sit in BP and you will know that it is true ......................  Iam Gutted that it has come to this but I went to watch Cleethorpes on Saturday and Loved it ....... Passion , Laughter , Desire , Fun and nothing less than 100% .  Will I return to Bradley ? Yes I will !!   Will I return to BP ? I don't know ....................................................

Five minutes? Five seconds would have been more realistic. It must be your turn....

Oh and there you go again speaking as though you ARE the fans of GTFC. Fourth may not be "acceptable" at the end of the season but for now I'm not particularly depressed about it.

You obviously can please yourself what you do with your saturday afternoons. My choice is to carry on supporting the XI players who wear the black and white of GTFC on a Saturday. I suspect there will be other "sheep" who think the same.

I know what you mean though...This board used to be fun to visit before you and the rest of the Senna-like soothsayers came on with your 100% doom and gloom..

BTW-don't forget to keep us updated on your "will he won't he" return to Blundell Park. I doubt I shall be able to rest until that is properly sorted...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
ginnywings
January 13, 2015, 12:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

If I was an author I'd claim plagiarism I tried to say exactly the same thing at the weekend but I'm afraid it falls on deaf ears/blind eyes. The most ironic thing is that it is often these posters who bemoan the negativity in the club! Simply astounding....

P.S. I'll give it five minutes before someone trots out the "Give us something to cheer about...ad nauseum line.

Damn, i missed the 5 minute deadline by a minute...............................

Edit: Forgot to add on of these........................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
barralad
January 13, 2015, 12:53pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ginnywings

Damn, i missed the 5 minute deadline by a minute...............................

Edit: Forgot to add on of these........................

It's OK mate-you were well beaten to it....The last time I looked though you weren't simply rehashing your comment to countless threads

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
fleabag1970
January 13, 2015, 12:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
[quote=228]

Five minutes? Five seconds would have been more realistic. It must be your turn....

Oh and there you go again speaking as though you ARE the fans of GTFC. Fourth may not be "acceptable" at the end of the season but for now I'm not particularly depressed about it.

Iam not the  " Fans Voice "   Did you read my post ??????????? I said it was JUST MY OPINION !!!  and 4th is not acceptable ........... you don't get into the Champions League in the Vanarama................

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 13, 2015, 1:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Nothing stays the same. There have been dark days before like 1969 when we had to apply for re-election and then the pre-Buckley seasons when Lyons and Bobby Roberts saw us sink in rapid time from Div 2 to the bottom of Div 4. Maybe time does give us a rose tint to the specs but I don't ever remember there being such depression as there is now. We always seemed to believe there would be a silver lining and of course there was. The club rebuilt each time with loans and investment from local members of the board in some form or other and appointing an inspirational manager.

What has happened since our relegation is somewhat different. I would liken it to falling down a well and trying to claw our way out. We had the chance in the first year to go for it with a big budget but failed and since then the efforts have been getting harder as we grow weaker as a club. The longer we stay where we are the weaker we will become, only able to mount a sporadic challenge for the play offs and relying on luck to get back up on dry land

If there is any lesson to learn from the past it is that slow and steady doesn't work in football. Achievement comes quite suddenly like it did with McMenemy. Then nobody saw the future when Tommy Casey brought youngsters like Ford and Drinkell into the first team but suddenly under John Newman we had the makings of a team when he added his own buys to the mix. The later signings of players like Kilmore, Wymark and Nicholl were the catalysts to more achievement. Football generally goes like that especially in the lower leagues, in bursts. We badly need that kind of burst because another failure this April will definitely make it harder next time.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
fleabag1970
January 13, 2015, 1:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker

BTW-don't forget to keep us updated on your "will he won't he" return to Blundell Park. I doubt I shall be able to rest until that is properly sorted...[/quote]

OK Rob Scott I will do just that .......................TAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
barralad
January 13, 2015, 1:09pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from fleabag1970

BTW-don't forget to keep us updated on your "will he won't he" return to Blundell Park. I doubt I shall be able to rest until that is properly sorted...

OK Rob Scott I will do just that .......................TAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa [/quote]

Sorry I'd have replied earlier but I was busy sewing my sides back together after your last "hilarious" response...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's not the same........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.