lew chaterleys lover
January 12, 2015, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Err.............Nah don't think so anything that would provide a viable exit strategy would be pursued if you ask me just a thought.

I dont understand what you are getting at.

From where I am standing Scunthorpe seem a club on the up thanks to an energetic (not in changing the floodlight bulbs sort of way) and rich chairman who has the nous and influence to get things moving - why didnt he come here
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2015, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

I dont understand what you are getting at.

From where I am standing Scunthorpe seem a club on the up thanks to an energetic (not in changing the floodlight bulbs sort of way) and rich chairman who has the nous and influence to get things moving - why didnt he come here

Probably didn't want to pay 3 million over the odds....
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
Marinerz93
January 12, 2015, 11:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MarinerWY

Quoted from Marinerz93
They have what we don't. a dynamic chairman who is making things happen.

I think that's pretty hard on Fenty myself. He could be blamed for many things but it's the councuil that needs to take the blame where the stadium is concerned, Fenty is putting up proposals, the council are not backing it.... they seem to be holding the area back.

Is Fenty the Chairman, when did that happen, I thought the current chair was vacant, hence my statement.

I do agree in some way that GTFC council are part to blame but not building on our successes at Wembley was GTFC's biggest mistake, that Neweel and Woods.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
barralad
January 12, 2015, 11:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Marinerz93

I think that's pretty hard on Fenty myself. He could be blamed for many things but it's the councuil that needs to take the blame where the stadium is concerned, Fenty is putting up proposals, the council are not backing it.... they seem to be holding the area back.

Is Fenty the Chairman, when did that happen, I thought the current chair was vacant, hence my statement.

I do agree in some way that GTFC council are part to blame but not building on our successes at Wembley was GTFC's biggest mistake, that Neweel and Woods.[/quote]

I'd hope Fenty isn't in the firing line for that particular oversight...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
Marinerz93
January 12, 2015, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I do agree in some way that GTFC council are part to blame but not building on our successes at Wembley was GTFC's biggest mistake, that Neweel and Woods

I'd hope Fenty isn't in the firing line for that particular oversight... :-.

Was he Chairman then, I don't remember any embarrassing dancing or being carried on the shoulders of anyone  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
barralad
January 12, 2015, 11:25pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MarinerWY

Everything I've read in the press suggests that the Council are fully behind this project?

IMO the council-run by De Freitas's mates were wholly responsible for the crash and burn of the Great Coates project-all for a few votes....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
barralad
January 12, 2015, 11:27pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'd hope Fenty isn't in the firing line for that particular oversight...

Was he Chairman then, I don't remember any embarrassing dancing or being carried on the shoulders of anyone  [/quote]

He definitely wasn't. Didn't Huxford and co. take over under bad feelings from the great Bill Carr and co. promised the earth and delivered Lenny Lawrence and a Chinese international?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
Marinerz93
January 12, 2015, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Was he Chairman then, I don't remember any embarrassing dancing or being carried on the shoulders of anyone  

He definitely wasn't. Didn't Huxford and co. take over under bad feelings from the great Bill Carr and co. promised the earth and delivered Lenny Lawrence and a Chinese international?[/quote]

Ah, those were the days, promotions and real cup competitions, I might put a couple of DVD's on.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
newfootballer
January 13, 2015, 9:24am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from MarinerWY

I certainly know that is true regarding the Council, I have been there and seen it myself there is a genuine lack of support coming in Grimsby Towns direction regarding the permission to build a new ground.
The lack of support hopefully is beginning to change I await this new year with hope that certain people will go and back Town further.
After all Scunthorpe are now planning there second new ground in about fifteen years,they can see  that you cannot stand still regarding new football grounds.

Dave Boylen

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
newfootballer
January 13, 2015, 9:31am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
GY council should hang their heads in shame . GTFC are a pillar of the community and have been for 130 years , bringing hundreds of thousands of people together over this period , yet can't even help find the club 20 odd acres for their future .

Well said,could not agree with you more
Dave Boylen

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › scunts new stadium mk 2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.