Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bristol Rovers' intent !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 233 Guests

Bristol Rovers' intent !

This thread currently has 10,318 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
chaos33
January 14, 2015, 9:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Blair is a good attacking wide player. Why has he been released mid-season from Fleetwood though?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 83
diehardmariner
January 14, 2015, 9:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,404
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from chaos33

Mate, much as I respect your assessment and generally agree with most things you post, surely you have to admit that saying the forum has 'turned him into a world beater' is something of a peevish and dramatic overstatement.

Let's not be daft. Nobody is doing that. People have pointed out his strengths as a player and bemoaned the lack of fairness in the treatment he's seemingly been given by not having a run of games in his favoured centre midfield position. He's done well for us in little spells and his record at York in their promotion winning side was excellent. Some folk said we lacked a midfielder with certain qualities - a few of us merely pointed put that we feel he may have some or all of those credentials.

Obviously not everyone will agree - nowt wrong with that - I don't see him as a watered down version of Frankie Artus (he scores more goals than Artus ever would) and nor do I think anyone sees him as a 'world beater', just a good conference midfielder in the right midfield blend, and, as far as we're concerned, a wasted resource.

World beater was tongue in cheek.  As BIGChris said, he appears to have got better in the fans eyes with each game he hasn't played, I think the same could be said for the likes of Caine Winnfarah.   As said I do think he's an ok player and can be more than justified in feeling a bit drunk off at the minute.  

All cylinders firing, I wouldn't see Paddy anywhere near our first XI.  Problem is we're not firing on all cylinders, or even close to it.  

For the record I think the bringing him on with a few minutes to go is absolutely pathetic.  
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 83
diehardmariner
January 14, 2015, 9:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,404
Gold Stars: 532
Blair has signed for Mansfield.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 83
chaos33
January 14, 2015, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Has he? Good info mate. Probably an unrealistic target anyway.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bristol Rovers' intent !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.