3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
January 11, 2015, 5:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Does it really matter, I doubt we will beat Barnet anyway, they usually score goals and the only way to beat them is to outscore them, like Hurst will try that
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
Maringer
January 11, 2015, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Does it really matter, I doubt we will beat Barnet anyway, they usually score goals and the only way to beat them is to outscore them, like Hurst will try that

The only way to beat anybody is to outscore them!  

A 1-0 victory would do just fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 11, 2015, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Madeleymariner

This is what baffles me. We have 2 huge scoring back to back games then for the rest of the season, we struggle to score more than 2

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
ginnywings
January 11, 2015, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

This is what baffles me. We have 2 huge scoring back to back games then for the rest of the season, we struggle to score more than 2

Too much excitement for us manager. Soon put a stop to that nonsense.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
chaos33
January 11, 2015, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Nothing to be baffled about. We have abandoned that way of playing. I share the view that we are really up against it next week. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet - Barnet are free-scorers and I just don't see Hurst setting us up to score 2/3/4 goals or whatever it takes. I can't see it being a scratchy 1-0 victory.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Garth
January 11, 2015, 7:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from GrimRob
In my opinion nobody should start this game who is likely to start the match with Barnet. With the possible exception of McKeown. The result is irrelevant it should be treated as a reserve game.

I will go along with that,  losing won`t even cause a snigger in the Lincoln camp, Barnet is the big one IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
chaos33
January 11, 2015, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I would too.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Vance Warner
January 11, 2015, 8:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Don't underestimate the physical impact of playing away on a Wednesday night. For a start they won't get back home until early on Thursday morning. That gives Thursday off before back in again on Fri. They then have an early start on Sat. Professional athlete or not they need to catch up on their rest. Don't understand why the game is a Wednesday not a Tuesday, the extra days rest would make a big difference. By the way who's at the peak of their game!

Quoted from Jaws
If a professional athlete can't play twice a week at the peak of their game, considering they had a fortnight without a game at the beginning of December and ten days without one at the beginning of January, then don't play them for the Barnet game!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
Jaws
January 11, 2015, 9:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from GrimRob

It's not just about fitness it's about injuries and suspensions. Some injuries take a few days to clear up. And the match could go to extra time and penalties as well. It's not an important game so why risk anyone not being ready and available for Barnet, which is massive? We have loads of players who we pay and never play, let's use them!

The team hasn't performed as well at it should. More playing time together can only be a good thing? The Barnet game is no more important than any other game - it decides nothing, if we lost it is the same as any other weekend that they've won and we've lost. Any decent manager (even Hurst) will say this, and tell the players it. If we lose the league to Barnet by 3 points, are we going to rue the game we lost at home to them in January, are we balls, it's the draws against teams like Dover. Nuneaton and the drab displays week in/week out.

Last season Luton won 3 games out of the 12 played against the teams who ended up in playoffs... We've done fine against the better teams so far, but at the minute the table doesn't look great..

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
SamTheMariner
January 11, 2015, 9:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
McKeown

Bignot
Humble
Doig
Walker

Neilson (get him fit before the Barnet game. They're the sort of side he loves playing against)
McLaughlin
Venney
Winfarrah

Palmer
Watson

Bench:
Parslow, Clay, Arnold, Hannah, Bemrose

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.