WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 11, 2015, 3:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from ginnywings

Sums things up beautifully for me. We have made no progress and are not moving forward. So far but no further is what Hurst is about. He seemingly cannot take us to the next level and has this window to sort us out and crack on, otherwise it's bye bye.

Is it bye though? Not sure what it entails but isn't there a "rolling" contract in place?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Is it bye though? Not sure what it entails but isn't there a "rolling" contract in place?

As far as I understand, a rolling contract means that, if it's a year, you are entitled to a year's compo if it's terminated. If that's the case, PH will get the same if he goes tomorrow or in the summer.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 11, 2015, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Ok, so get him selling programmes on Harrington st corner or working his magic with a bog brush in the ponny

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
Quagmire
January 11, 2015, 4:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Ok, so get him selling programmes on Harrington st corner or working his magic with a bog brush in the ponny

Instead of sacking him and paying him a years salary as compo how about the club put him on gardening leave for a year?

His record is one which would attract potential employers so if anybody wants him they can take him on but no compo would be paid to PH by GTFC, other than the salary he is paid between being put on gardening leave and him being employed by another club.?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
barralad
January 11, 2015, 5:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Abdul19
In the olden days, people would just stop posting on a messageboard. Now they have to flounce off in some sort of Mariah Carey-esque way!

**chuckle**

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
chaos33
January 11, 2015, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
A really good contribution made by Caesar in this thread summing up ( I reckon) the feelings of many frustrated Town fans.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
1mickylyons
January 12, 2015, 10:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from GrimRob
I have worked out the league table for the last 3 seasons. For all the teams which have been in the division for the last 3 years. We are second, but we have by far the best away record (100 points away compared to Kiddie's 86)! Carry on doing what we are doing and we are bound to get promoted one day because we are consistently one of the better sides.

Team       P     Pts
Kidderminster     123     211
Grimsby     124     209
Wrexham     121     182
Gateshead     122     179
Forest Green     121     179
Braintree Town     121     179
Woking     122     175
Macclesfield     121     175
Lincoln City     120     163
Alfreton Town     120     154
Nuneaton     122     146
Southport     118     137
Dartford     120     133

Alarmed at this Rob you are saying stick and one day we will get promoted.Hate to point out the obvious but with only one automatic spot and our average point total per year we would never finish better than 2nd so what are you basing the one day on?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
Tommy
January 12, 2015, 1:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Caesar
See your point Rob and undersand where you are coming from.  I have always felt consistency is the key and we have struggled for changing managers too often.

The problem is more and more of us no longer believe Hurst will get us out of this league.  You seem to be suggesting the old "if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle" argument.  Each year we are there or there abouts so eventually we must go up.  While there is some sense to that logic there is also other facts that undermine it.

Kiddy top that table but missed out on playoffs last year, currently in a similar position to us (i.e. miles off top spot) but currently outside the playoffs

Luton Town and Cambridge got promoted last year, the year before that they finihed 7th and 13th respectively.

Mansfield and Newport got promoted the year before that, and the season before they went up they finsihed 3rd and 19th respectively.

Fleetwood and York got promoted, before that after finishing 5th and 8th.  

I think this shows it is not about "always being there so we have a chance" but about being able to progress and improve so that eventually we are much better, we seem to have stabalised and stagnated and seem unable based on the last 2 years at least to take the extra step forward we need to.

I hope I am wrong and Hurst is the man to get us out of this league, I hope I am at Wembley lamenting my foolishness for doubting this analysis (I no longer think we have any chance of winning the league but again would love to be proved wrong.).  And equally I do not have a clear plan or solution for how to get us out of this position, however I think that Hurst has not shown us he is the man to get us out of here and history does not show that just hanging round the playoffs will get us there.  

Excellently put.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Table for the last 3 seasons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.