5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 11, 2015, 8:52am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge
So this board is all about opinions is it?  All right here's mine.

I left Grimsby 30 years ago because of a general lack of ambition and opportunity in the area.  I have a handful of surviving family members and GTFC which serve as the only remaining links and therefore the only reasons to visit.  Each year that passes, sadly reduces family numbers and sees the credibility of the football club diminish further.  I used to be proud to talk of my home town club, not any more.

In recent years we've witnessed Stevenage, Crawley, Fleetwood et al get into the football league.  Achieved by setting clear targets, having the right finance in place and the right Manager.  We have no targets, the wrong type of finance and the wrong Manager.  The day we stop accepting second best and start using our collective influence to correct what is clearly wrong will be the day the club can finally start to progress.

Fenty's stranglehold has ruined the club, Fenty out.  My campaign starts today, who else is beyond unhappy?

That sounds like a good idea. To set a clear target of removing the primary source and continuity of our income. We'd be much better off trying to survive on the money we generate. We don't need all these expensive players, cheaper ones could do the job and if we went part time we might even go a step further and win the league .I'm in.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 47
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 8:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

That sounds like a good idea. To set a clear target of removing the primary source and continuity of our income. We'd be much better off trying to survive on the money we generate. We don't need all these expensive players, cheaper ones could do the job and if we went part time we might even go a step further and win the league .I'm in.

The primary source of income is the fans. Fenty put 75k into the club last year according to the accounts which is a small percentage of the gate receipts. Keep devaluing the product and you'll keep reducing the attendances meaning Mr Fenty will either need to spend more or go part-time.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
GorgeousGeorge
January 11, 2015, 9:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Quoted from GrimRob

Congratulations, your post sums up exactly the lack of ambition and acceptance of the unacceptable by far too many fans.  You've fully bought into the Fenty concept I'm afraid.  Delete my profile please, I have no wish to remain associated with a board that isn't representative of true feelings.  Send me an email to confirm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
GrimRob
January 11, 2015, 9:09am

Quoted from MuddyWaters

The primary source of income is the fans. Fenty put 75k into the club last year according to the accounts which is a small percentage of the gate receipts. Keep devaluing the product and you'll keep reducing the attendances meaning Mr Fenty will either need to spend more or go part-time.

But fans won't come in as big numbers to watch a mid-table side. If the gates did drop, and they haven't done so yet (we are still averaging 3600 this season in the league, slightly better than last) we have someone who will make up the shortfall. If we rely entirely on our own income, then if the crowds drop off because there's nothing to play for in the remainder of the season, then we're shafted. He might have only put 75K in last season but he's always there as a buffer in case we need more.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 23 - 47
GrimRob
January 11, 2015, 9:16am

Quoted from GorgeousGeorge

Congratulations, your post sums up exactly the lack of ambition and acceptance of the unacceptable by far too many fans.  You've fully bought into the Fenty concept I'm afraid.  Delete my profile please, I have no wish to remain associated with a board that isn't representative of true feelings.  Send me an email to confirm.

Your revolution didn't last long. Always the same these people, no Plan B.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 24 - 47
Bruce Springsteen
January 11, 2015, 9:21am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from GrimRob

says him who supports a clown with no Plan A...........let alone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
GrimRob
January 11, 2015, 9:32am

Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

says him who supports a clown with no Plan A...........let alone

Plan A is to have a competitive squad and budget, challenge near the top of the table, and hopefully get promoted.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 26 - 47
chaos33
January 11, 2015, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
Ignore him Rob

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

But fans won't come in as big numbers to watch a mid-table side. If the gates did drop, and they haven't done so yet (we are still averaging 3600 this season in the league, slightly better than last) we have someone who will make up the shortfall. If we rely entirely on our own income, then if the crowds drop off because there's nothing to play for in the remainder of the season, then we're shafted. He might have only put 75K in last season but he's always there as a buffer in case we need more.

Our home record is the same as many mid-table sides. We drop too many points at home. Blame the negativity if you like, but the negativity comes from the way we start games and the boring, dull, dreary manager.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
LongEatonMariner
January 11, 2015, 9:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob

Very funny, thT made me chuckle Rob
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Table for the last 3 seasons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.