dapperz fun pub
January 10, 2015, 7:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from WappingMariner
Excellent piece on Palace's Holmesdale Fanatics in yesterday's Evening Standard. http://www.standard.co.uk/spor.....anatics-9967795.html

Really interesting to see how they worked with the club to make it happen, despite the reservations of stewards, police etc. At the play-off final the club made sure they were all in the same area to create the best possible atmosphere. When Town's new ground is eventually built I believe the Trust and club would have to work together to do something similar such as placing the loudest fans in one section of the stadium.

It's certainly working for them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Marinerz93
January 10, 2015, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Nice to see a club letting flags in, obviously all the lads in that corner helping create the atmosphere

The GTFC flag de-constructor would have a field day  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
Neilo83
January 10, 2015, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
Pretty sure i haven't been living in a cave recently but when the hell did pardew go there?? Didn't even know he'd left Newcastle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
Abdul19
January 10, 2015, 7:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
We would be rocking if we was in the prem or championship, am not sure they would be like that if they was in the conference

Only on occasions.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
dapperz fun pub
January 10, 2015, 8:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Marinerz93

The GTFC flag de-constructor would have a field day  

I actually thought fenty got that one right I suppose the sad thing is when he does finally depart it will be one of the main things I will remember about him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
KingstonMariner
January 11, 2015, 12:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good on them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
diehardmariner
January 12, 2015, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
On Saturday I opted for a change of seat (sat in the Main Stand for the last god knows how many years) and went in the Upper Smiths, obviously a stupid decision as it was freezing up there.

Anyway, one thing I did notice was just how easily any noise from the Pontoon gets lost in the open corners.  From my seat in the Main Stand I can't really see anything going on in the Pontoon but even with a reduced gate on Saturday you could see the top left hand corner of the Pontoon trying to get an atmosphere going, problem was you couldn't bloody hear it!  

The acoustics of Blundell Park are not great with the open corners and estuary swallowing a lot of the noise.  Prior to Saturday I've not really seen the value of putting more vocal fans at the other end of the ground but when you think back how much noise the Lincoln fans madea, a relatively small number at that, I think there is some value especially considering how much of the home noise is lost to the open spaces.

How many away teams bring more than a few hundred fans?  Make the corner the away fans section, open up the Osmond for those want to create that Ultras atmosphere and work with them to make sure they're together.    What have we got to lose?  Genuinely I'd be interested to know from the club what is preventing the above, which has been suggested numerous times by others, from happening.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Chrisblor
January 12, 2015, 3:53pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from diehardmariner
How many away teams bring more than a few hundred fans?  Make the corner the away fans section, open up the Osmond for those want to create that Ultras atmosphere and work with them to make sure they're together.    What have we got to lose?  Genuinely I'd be interested to know from the club what is preventing the above, which has been suggested numerous times by others, from happening.

Doesn't look like this will happen, because Nick Dale (Blundell Park Stadium Manager) recently posted on here to say he doesn't understand why home fans would want to sit in the Osmond, and also suggested such a move would result in our young supporters attacking the away supporters (which is frankly an outrageous statement for a GTFC employee to make and I'm amazed nothing more has come of it). You can read his post here - http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1419974914//id-922116

Really this is something the Trust should be doing more to help with - e.g. petitioning the club to re-think think their stance on the issue by explaining how sitting more vocal fans in closer proximity to the away support in the Osmond would create a louder and more beneficial atmosphere. They could also ask the club why their employees are labelling large sections of our younger supporters as violent hooligans (when they are the precise demographic the club should be most thankful for considering they've only ever witnessed failure in their time supporting gtfc).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
lukeo
January 12, 2015, 4:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,306
Gold Stars: 135
Town fans. Osmond. Sort it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Selhurst park

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.